The good- Views are unreal. The kitchen is well equipped enough. The location is very close to main st in airlie which is why I chose this resort. The hill is challenging to walk up and very funny after a few drinks. The pools are nice.
The bad- We found the apartment to be nothing like the pics on the website so we felt misled a little. I had even enquired via email before our stay to find out what picture on the site our room was like and was given a vague answer. Now I see why. The apartment was tiny. Couches tiny. Not one photo on site was of this apartment. Our rooftop spa was old and not like the one pictured. The pools were right next to each other and very small, only a few lounges and the ones in the sun were always taken when we went there. I had to ask for more loo paper as not enough for a 7 day stay was given. Our room was meant to be serviced on the 4th day but maid never showed. Still no show on 6th day until 5pm and we checked out the next day so totally pointless. I didn't find the owners to be especially friendly which is disappointing as the other reviews said nice things of their attitude. Fair enough we may have inconvenienced them as my husband got locked out of our room at 11.30pm (after being in the spa) because I fell asleep and didn't wake up to let him in but this was at the end of our stay and from the second we checked in we weren't made to feel welcome. The aircon dripped water on the floor and the shower tap fell off and could have broken my foot. the website invites you to ask at reception for jogging routes which we did only to get an uninformed response and umms and aaahs.
Maybe we are a little spoiled and expect too much after staying in five star resorts in Thailand but I recently stayed in apartments of the same style in Yamba and they were better and cheaper! We are glad we arranged so many tours and had a great time doing those in airlie beach as the resort wasn't much to be happy about.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mediterranean Resort offers affordable luxury in self contained 1, 2 and 3 bedroom villas, honeymoon suites or a choice of 3 or 4 bedroom penthouses.The private balconies and spacious apartments offer unsurpassed views across the Coral Sea and the magnificent Whitsunday Islands.The resort facilities include 2 private saltwater pools both with outstanding views, a spa in which to refresh and all only 300m from the centre of Airlie Beach.The Whitsundays really is the epitome of Paradise, and Mediterranean Resorts is in the heart of it! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Mediterranean Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mediterranean Hotel Airlie Beach
- Mediterranean Resort Airlie Beach
- Mediterranean Resorts Airlie Beach/Whitsunday Islands