“Reefworld worth a visit”

Fantasea Adventure Cruising Reefworld
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Well maintained boats, great staff make up for the almost 2 and 1/2 hour cruise out to reefworld. The reef was fabulous and had a great time snorkelling. The stinger suits are showing their age though.

1  Thank EnSBee
There are newer reviews for Fantasea Adventure Cruising Reefworld

Reviewed March 18, 2012

The pamphlet describe a multitude of activities provided by Fantasea Cruises but on closer inspection they are in fact just listign the activities on offer in the WhitSundays, not ones provded by themselves. When considering this, it becomes apparent that the large sums you pay for a 'day tour' actually only includes a ferry ride to an island or two and lunch.

The standard of food on offer was good, and the vessel was comfortable with plenty of space for everyone to sit, stand or walk around. But it just wasn't worth what they charge when you have to pay extra, and even locate and organise, any activitied you want to do throughout the day.

Disappointing.

3  Thank xcinderelliex
Reviewed March 14, 2012

I went to Whitehaven Beach by myself because I was on a work trip in Airlie Beach. I was a bit worried that I would be a bit bored and lonely but it was the opposite. I meet a great group of people on the boat and the crew were very friendly and made me feel welcomed.

I enjoyed playing volleyball on the boat and loved the bbq lunch. Some people have complained about the meal but I actually thought it was value for money and very yum.

Whether you are with a group or by yourself, I think going on a Fantasea cruise to Whitehaven Beach is worth the money and time.

Reviewed January 18, 2012

I want to upfront that this review has nothing to do with the unfortunate and unplanned instance that happened on our tour. This opinion was formed based on the intent of the trip.

Two friends and I took the Whitehaven Beach tour and the entire thing was TERRIBLE. It was extremely unorganized from the time we loaded the boat. They seem to run their ferries extremely well, so we couldn't understand why this was such a 'miss'. By the time we anchored at Whitehaven Beach, it took the crew 90 minutes to transfer all 140 of us onto the actual beach!!! We were supposed to have 3 hours on the beach and by the time we got there...we had 45 minutes. And they told us we'd have a BBQ on the beach. It consisted of a burger...that's it. My $145 didn't pay for a soft drink, a water, chips, a cookie...NOTHING! What a rip off!!! The entire boat seemed extremely unhappy with the crew, the staff and how the entire day was operating...we were not the only ones. We all stood and complained to one another as we waited for the transfer boat to take us to Whitehaven. I was ready ask for a refund.

It was on the way home it turned even worse...but I can say that this kind of stuff happens and I can't blame the company for this kind of issue. Our boat's starboard engine went up in smoke and we were stuck in the middle of the water, halfway back, and we weren't quite sure if it was a fire and we had to jump ship...or if we were just stuck until a boat came to our rescue. After about 45 minutes of silence, we finally found out we'd be moving slowly and another boat would take us to shore. By this time, half the boat was puking from the rough waters.

So I must say...I horrible experience from start to finish. I could suggest this if we had had a good experience BEFORE the boat broke down...but we didn't. It was terrible, all a lie on what we were getting and a waste of money. Don't do it, people.

7  Thank MF23Beach
FantaseaCruises, General Manager at Fantasea Adventure Cruising Reefworld, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2012

Thank you for sending through your review which we find invaluable in continuing to strive for excellence in customer service in every matter.
I am sorry to hear that your cruise to Whitehaven Beach did not meet your expectations. Unfortunately, due to a mechanical failure on our vessel that day, this has ultimately reflected on an overall bad experience for the day. The price for this two Island experience covers a cruise to Hamilton Island, where you can spend a few hours in the morning, the afternoon at Whitehaven Beach and also includes lunch and afternoon tea. We have tried to make it as affordable as possible for our guests and strive to offer value for money. I do apologise that your day was not enjoyable, and be assured that we are always looking for ways to continually improve our services for our guests.

Reviewed December 17, 2011

A waste of time and money. Fantasea staff very basic, no information provided, even though apparently a marine biologist accompanies the trip- not sure of his or her purpose. Very bogan and all have a 'she'll be right' attitude. Food an absolute joke. An insult really. Stale buns, basic lettuce, tomatoes, plastic cheese slices and disgusting patties. The fact that the unsightly stinger suits needed to be hired conveyed to us that the risk of jellyfish stings couldn't be too bad, so we walked away by ourselves, found a patch of sand and spent the couple of hours sunning and swimming. Yes, it's a nice beach, with fine, white sand, but not as magnificent as the advertising indicates. As for spending over $200 for this 'experience'- don't! Buy a nice bikini or go out for dinner at Mariner's instead.

2  Thank nikw32

Dear Nik

Thank you for your review and I am very disappointed to hear that the Whitehaven Beach Cruise did not meet your expectations. We take all of our feedback seriously, and I do apologise that your day was not enjoyable. Our food supplied is always prepared fresh and the buns are purchased daily from the local bakery, so it disappoints me to hear that this was not up to standard. We encourage everyone to wear stinger suits whilst in the water, especially during the high risk season of November to May. We appreciate the feedback as it helps us to continually improve our usually high level of service to our guests. I hope you can come back and enjoy the beautiful Whitsundays again.