“Pacific Sunrise March 2013 Able Point Whitsundays”

Whitsundays Sailing Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Whitsundays Sailing Adventures - Quality Owner Operated Sailing & Diving Adventures. Great Barrier Reef - Whitsunday Islands - Australia. Vessels within the Whitsundays Sailing Adventures group Emperors Wings, Kiana, Pacific Sunrise, Silent Night, Summertime, SV Whitehaven, Whitsunday Getaway, Wings 2 & Wings 3. We have a fantastic range of vessels - and to make it easier for you to select the right style of Whitsunday Sailing Adventure cruises, we have grouped our yachts into four categories: Adventure and Classic Cruising, Eco Sailing Safari, Wings Diving and Style Sail and Dive. You can consider the options presented in each category to assist you to choose the vessel that will best suit your style and budget.
Basingstoke, England, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Pacific Sunrise March 2013 Able Point Whitsundays”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

We spent 3 nights/4 days aboard the Pacific Sunrise whilst on a 3 week East coast tour of Oz.

This had to be the best value, quality,experience and fun part of our whole Oz tour.

The Boat. A 200 ton Fijian built trader 1979, 8 Berths (I think) all en-suite ( except ours was the only one which had its own in the coridoor not in the berth. We thought an advantage.)
Two motor launches/rib, four 2 person sea kyiak's , snorkel gear (mask fins & snorkel), stinger suits, a bar, dining area, two rear decks (upper & lower) and a big upper fore deck to sunbathe on.

Dan the Skipper/Owner runs a good ship. With unseasonal weather fronts threatening he strived hard to deliver what was advertised (you cant pay for perfect sailing weather). His years of knowing the Whitsundays gave us the best locations for kyaking snorkling, scuba diving and visiting all the beauty spots. We had the best weather window (right place right time) and got all events ticked off. Thanks Skipper :¬)

All the crew (4) were like one big happy family and did everything possible to make our stay pleasant. The first mate Leon gave a brief about what we'd find wildlife wise, stars, fish etc.
Alas his last trip.
Rachel our Hostess kept berths clean, tidy and dealing with every request mostly drinks :¬).
Alan the chef.
Special mention here. The class of dining on board is worth the cost of the trip alone. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea & odd nibbles were like dining out at a 5 star restaurant.
Every day the menu changed. All dishes created by Alan, never copied.
Breakfast was a wide choice with a special morning dish ie eggs Benedict,next day waffles next fritata's etc etc all done in the Chef's own way. Steak, salmon, prawn mains were fantastic and it didn't stop there. Deserts were a masterpiece. You wont eat better anywhere else.

Initially you may think the cost a little steep but remember this is the Whitsunday's.
We booked last minute at X-Base Airlee beach and got a good deal.
With 5 days allotted to Whitsundays I don't see how better to do it all. We got the best views (sunsets & sunrises), did all the water activities,got best local knowledge, saw and stayed at fantastic moorings, had top class service, fed like royalty and had our own en-suite berth for two.

If you're looking for a leisure cruise with class, style and a certain maturity of ship mates (ie this is not a booze cruise or one which takes children) then this is the only ship to sail from Able point. You don't need to take much other than swimmers, sun cream and maybe $75 for scubadive (another boat/company runs that). They supply it all. you'll never be hungry and the bar is well stocked (tab set up). Oh and a camera/GoPro is a must.

Many many Thanks Dan & Crew. Sue & Pete.

1 Thank Pete G

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Sailing on the Summertime is wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

This trip was extra special due to the crew. The captain, Brad was calm and very helpful in all manner of sailing needs. Adam was obviously a well experienced diver and assisted in many other ways too. I can't express how impressed I was with the attention Siggie paid to ensure that my meals did not contain tomatoes. Everything was prepared separately for me. The snorkelling and kayaking were awesome and I saw more wildlife on this trip than I did when I visited the outer barrier reef. Well done everyone and thanks for the experience.

Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Wings III - Whitsunday's, GBR and so much more”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

I spent 3 days two nights on the Wings III, which is offered through Wings Diving Adventures & Wings Tours, and it was the best weekend I have spent in the longest time. Everything from the crew to the activities to the amazing food, I could not possibly ask for anything better. The crew was welcoming, friendly and were there to help you with anything you need to make the trip the best it could be for you individually. They catered to your needs and desires above their own. On the trip we did everything form diving to snorkeling to just swimming in the wonderful blue waters. We walked to the lookout above Whitehaven Beach and then spent the morning relaxing and taking in the sights from the beach. We sailed to multiple dive sights and have numerous chances to learn how to scuba and see the wonders of the GBR. Richie Rich, the dive instructor was fun, knowledgeable, and was there to help you learn and enjoy your time under the water. His vast knowledge of the reefs and fish was astounding. Then after every activity they feed you and make sure that you are ready for the next activity. The food was delicious and there is plenty of it! Sammy, our host, made many different dishes that tasted amazing and she made sure that no one was hungry. The boat itself was in perfect condition and the sleeping quarters are more than large enough. The beds are clean and comfortable. The crew did anything and everything they could to make your adventure suited to you. Overall, the Wings III boat and crew made for the best weekend adventure I have had in Australia and I do not see anything beating it. I cannot wait till the next time I come back to Australia because I know I will make it back to Whitsunday's and take another trip with WIngs III!

3 Thank Andrew H
Brisbane
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Emperors Wings - A great way to see the Whitsundays & GBR”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

My partner and I travelled on Emperors Wings - offered by Whitsunday Sailing Adventures in early October 2012. Checking in at the WSA office in Airlie Beach was easy and friendly. We had a great time out on the boat for 3 days, the trip is full of activities including snorkelling, diving and bush walking. There is plenty of time spent of Whitehaven Beach and there are plenty of opportunities to dive and snorkel on the Great Barrier Reef. I had a go at diving however I was unable to pressurise my ears, the instructor was very understanding. You do not go hungry on the boat there is plenty of food available and it is great quality food. The sleeping areas are small but that is to be expected on this type of boat. Toilets and shower area are also small but again that is to be expected. The group was mostly filled with overseas travellers which was great for us (being Ozzies) as it was interesting to hear about their travels. Overalls I would definitely recommend this trip to those who want to explore this area over a few days as you get to snorkel or dive on the GBR, visit Whitehaven Beach and sail around the amazing Whitsunday Islands.

Visited October 2012
London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Dishonest company with poor customer service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

We booked a 2 day sailing trip with WSA on the yacht Silent Night. To cut a long story short the weather was awful and was forecast to get worse during the trip (several other yachts had cancelled their trips) but our skipper and the yacht owner assured us that we would still be able to do a range of activities, including snorkelling, beach trips, bush walks, sailing etc. So we went out and after a predictably awful night at anchor, in gale force gusts and rain, we were told that the trip was cancelled and we were returning to the marina immediately.

We were only offered a token amount as a partial refund for the trip even though we we did nothing that had been promised, we only had the sails up for about 20 minutes!

The yacht's owner and WSA have been extremely rude and unprofessional in the way that they have dealt with this and are now refusing to discuss the situation further. Their booking terms clearly state that a refund will be given if a trip is cancelled due to weather however they have not honoured this at all.

Steer well clear of these Whitsunday cowboys.

Visited January 2013