“Excellent”

La Tabella Trattoria
Ranked #12 of 114 Restaurants in Airlie Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Open 7 days All day dining Full Table Service Outdoor seating Views Private air conditioned function room Cocktail Bar Homemade pastas Fresh locally caught seafood Morning and afternoon Tea
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Fantastic service, food, location

The seafood tempter entree is one of the nicest prepared seafood meals I have eaten and I have eaten many.

Two mains, two entrees, garlic bread, 1 cocktail, 2 beers and glass of wine $119. Very good value.

Would highly recommend

1  Thank SimonBrisbane
Write a ReviewReviews (1,308)

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Four friends wandering in from a Hamilton Island day trip. Surely it's the best place in town? Certainly has the best Italian I've eaten in a long time, with a seafood twist. And gotta have the most professional staff. Who else could discretely let you know to mix in your raw egg while waiting for the other diners dishes to arrive? I think you can tell many things about a place by its staff. Relaxed but no FNQ short skirts n shorts here. They even knew how to make my favorite champagne cocktail which I've been trying to find for 10 years. Just shows you the depth of their hospitality cred. The food was perfect - from the local fish to the specials to the traditional carbonara - with the raw egg. We had such a relaxed early evening dinner. Best timetoo - sunset. Can't wait to eat there again. Gotta go back for the dessert.

Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

This restuarant has some potential and great atmosphere... We waited about 15/20 minutes before someone noticed we had sat down which was okay but the sign did say full table service.. Surprised we stayed... But the menu was pretty big so we had time to read through! They had a lot of great specials on but I stuck with a ghnocci pasta... I had trouble with this dish twice! The first time it came out cold, so they appologised the second time it came out with missing ingredients - being a chef myself I hate to complain but c'mon how can that stuff up happen twice?? Then we ordered cocktails (it wasnt even busy) and they took about 15mis to come out. When we wanted the bill a lady wearing plain clothes stood behind the counter and we were waving at her because she was putting on an apron, and she just stared at us and walked away? Maybe she didnt even work there who knows! After two meal stuff ups And the waits.. I paid full price nobody even said sorry not to mention the waitress didnt even talk the whole payment process. It could have been good from reading the comments but maybe we got there on a bad day.. Might not try it again though..

1  Thank Summer1882
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Had a great breakfast with a group of 14 on a Sunday morning. Coffee & tea's were all very nice. Some of the eggs were not cooked to people's liking, but the service was sublime.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

Busy night when we went, but the food was lovely, the wine went down well and our waiter was very friendly. Highly recomend for a nice meal out/