“Worth checking out”

Denman Cellars Beer Cafe
Ranked #5 of 105 Restaurants in Airlie Beach
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Denman Cellars Beer Cafe is a unique experience that will sure to please. With a great food menu and ever changing specials, pair that with the fact that you can choose from almost 400 beers and ciders from around the world that you can drink here or take away as it is not only a fantastic Cafe but a fully working bottle shop. A friendly family run business located at the Port of Airlie.
BrizVegas
“Worth checking out”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

we staying at the boathouse and walked down for a lazy dinner. Service was very slow and poor but the food fantastic and the array of beers impressive. If they can just get the food out to the diners a little bit quicker (we waited 1 1/2hours for our food!!!)

Visited January 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Cairns, Qld
“So Delicious We Returned The Next Night!”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

My friend and I were staying upstairs at the Boathouse Apartments and on the recommendation of the Receptionist there decided to try Denman Cellars Beer Cafe and Tapas Bar. The name of the Receptionist escapes me but we will be eternally grateful to her. We were immediately greeted and seated by the very hospitable Karl who explained the system to us and recommended we take a look at the cider selection inside, cider being our drink of choice. I didn't check out the beer or wine but if they're anything like the choice of cider it was extensive and I do mean EXTENSIVE. Onto the food- words cannot describe how absolutely delicious the food was not to mention beautifully presented. So much so we returned again the next night as there was still so many dishes we wanted to try but simply couldn't fit in one sitting. I think over the two nights we must have tried at least 70% of the menu with not one disappointment. Kudos to Karl at this point who gave us his honest opinion when we struggled to choose between dishes. The only negative- the Lobster Ravioli was unavailable on the nights we were there but this of course gives us an excuse to return to Airlie again, ASAP.
I recommend booking and dining early as this place is popular (rightly so) and once it fills up meals can be a bit delayed... but then of course you have the massive range of wine/cider/beer to take the edge off waiting.

• Visited January 2014
Sarina
“Can't wait to try the tapas”
Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

We're here only for a couple of days r& r. Like most people we are tourists. Even though we hail from the semi local area (a couple of hours away).
We look for something different. Value for money too. But where you have an awesome selection of world beers and ciders. Knowledgeable staff you expect to pay that "little more". We didn't think it was overly dear and since we had already had lunch we only had a drink each. But the lovely staff there guided me through a good cider after I told her what I was wanting and she delivered.
This is now the next day and we can't wait to come back today for tapas and a different beer and cider to try.
Maybe then we can add a food review here too. I know yesterday the menu had us salivating.

• Visited February 2014
Brisbane, Australia
“Fabulous spot!”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

The most incredible selection of beer from evey corner of the world, and delicious food. Staff were great, friendly, and informative about their products. Lovely place to spend a lazy afternoon.

Visited January 2014
Perth, Australia
“Impressed”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Ordered tapas. Impressed. Food tasty and fresh. Menu original. Excellent service. Given the impression they are friendly and service-orientated.

• Visited January 2014