“Best food in Airlie!”

Denman Cellars Beer Cafe
Ranked #4 of 104 Restaurants in Airlie Beach
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Denman Cellars Beer Cafe is a unique experience that will sure to please. With a great food menu and ever changing specials, pair that with the fact that you can choose from almost 400 beers and ciders from around the world that you can drink here or take away as it is not only a fantastic Cafe but a fully working bottle shop. A friendly family run business located at the Port of Airlie.
Melbourne, Australia
“Best food in Airlie!”
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

On our first visit to Ailrie in 2011, we noticed that there was a huge gap in the restaurant scene for decent restaurant food... Being from Melbourne, we just figured that we were use to the quality available to us at home and that maybe it just didn't exist in Queensland... We are spoiled with great food in Melbourne!

On our second trip in March 2013 we discovered Denman Cellars! We went there so many times that we ate everything off the menu!!! This cafe/ cellars would fit in perfectly in Melbourne... The food is impressive!

On our third trip in October 2013, we were so excited to see Danman Cellars was buzzing with people and live music, the cafe has really taken off in popularity and it is well deserved!
The menu is vast and the food delicious. The service is excellent, but sometimes they are very busy and you do need to be somewhat patient... I'd rather go to a busy restaurant though, because you know it must be good!

The range of beverages is impressive even if you arnt a beer drinker...and the fact that you can take drinks away is a bonus, particularly if you are staying at the Outrigger Boathouse, they also sell bags of ice which is convenient.

We are getting married in Airlie in April next year and we have recommended this restaurant to all 80 of our family and friends as a must visit!

Visited October 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“Average experience ”
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Went here with friends and to be honest I am not sure how I felt about it!

Location and views were spectacular!

Service was shocking - got our first beer from choosing from the wall of beer which is pretty cool started a tab up for our table sat down and enjoyed the first beer and then the waitress came and asked if we were ok... Ordered another round which was delivered and this was the last time the waitress came to our table on her own in the four hours that we were there!

Waited for about 20 mins and still had not been seen too.. So I went to the bar and asked the girl behind it if we could order some more beers, she said yes but when I asked for the beers we wanted she said they didn't have any which was fine so back to the table to ask what other beer my friends wanted then went back to the bar and asked her again for a different beer and she just looked at me strangely and said to me "um, I don't know if we have that I've never seen it before, just tell your friends to come choose from the wall"

For the rest of the evening we had to go and select our own beers and the only time we had a waitress come to our table was to deliver the drinks that we selected which at times could take 5-10 mins which does not make drinking hot beer enjoyable..

Why have table service if you are not going to serve the table and why work in a bar that sells that many different types of beer and not educate yourself on them to better serve your customer!

We did order a lot of different things off the Tapas menu and have to say the range and quality of the food made up for poor service..

While I appreciate the wall of beer and the selection it held I would probably not return here because of the poor service we received!!

1 Thank Michael H
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Plenty of Beer at Denman”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We had dinner at Denmar Cellars and generally found everything pretty good. The selection of beer is very impressive. Would recommend a visit.

Visited September 2013
Perth, Australia
“Amazing food, great service.”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

My partner and I dined here because of the reviews on Tripadvisor and we weren't disappointed. Although its a bit out of the way, it was worth it. The prices, food, service and especially the selection of beer were fantastic. The gentleman who attended to us for most of the evening was knowledgable and attentive. The food was delicious and it was great value. Would highly recommend and definitely revisit.

• Visited October 2013
Whitsunday
“Octoberfest”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We attended the Octoberfest on Saturday afternoon as group of five. Well organized and great service. This Restaurant is an asset to Airlie Beach.

• Visited October 2013