All reviews air con the kitchen the main street greyhound stop nice big balcony rooms are very basic ensuite bathroom quiet at night restaurants and bars sailing tour enjoyed my stay laundry room stayed here for two nights min walk late check checking out reception staff
Selected filters
Reviewed April 8, 2019

I enjoyed my stay. Room and common areas were clean and staff was helpful and nice. Airlie beach it self is exceptionally beautiful and great nature. Would definitely recommend staying in this hostel during your trip!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
YHA_Backpacker, Guest Relations Manager at Airlie Beach YHA, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2019

Thanks Laura - and hope you had a chance to explore the beautiful Whitsunday islands during your stay!

Reviewed March 28, 2019 via mobile

Good location, nice, clean and friendly. Excellent excursions booked and good value for money. We had a double room with a balcony and shared bathroom. The room consisted of a double bed but nothing else, no lockers or hooks on the door. Everything had to be left on the floor. A couple of hooks would have been good to hang stuff off.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
YHA_Backpacker, Guest Relations Manager at Airlie Beach YHA, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2019

Thanks for your review and the pointer on the hooks! Glad you enjoyed the Whitsundays.

Reviewed March 6, 2019

My daughter and I stayed here for two nights and were very comfortable. Dave owns the place and he was very helpful booking a sailing tour for us and providing restaurant recommendations. The place has a very down-to-earth feel to it. It is clean, quiet, is in a great location, and is a good value.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
YHA_Hostels, Guest Relations Manager at Airlie Beach YHA, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2019

Glad you enjoyed your stay Carla - the location is great and walking distance to everything.

Reviewed February 26, 2019 via mobile

I only stayed here for one night but found the hostel to be clean, tidy and chilled. Room had big spacious cupboards/lockers (you'll need your own padlock) to keep bags and valuable in. Reception staff (who I think were the owners) were very friendly. Hostel is in a great location, especially for the Premier/Greyhound Stop which was only a 10 min walk away. Would definitely stay here again should I return to Airlie Beach :)

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo

Hi - so glad to hear you had a wonderful stay, we hope to see you again!

Reviewed January 29, 2019

Had booked this place for a night. In their Single room queen bed option. The gentleman at the reception was very courteous. The room had a balcony, was clean and modest. It had clean towels p, linen and soap. The right value for money when you book at YHA. Contrary to my expectations, the other guests were very peaceful.

I am particularly grateful to the gentleman at the reception for allowing me to stay extra so thaot I can take a bath after my day tour before leaving for cairns. When I was checking out, he even mentioned that in case my bus get cancelled( 28, 29 jan when there were flooding around and buses getting cancelled), I can come back and he can put me in the same room. Really appreciated his gesture.

Other things....
1. Around all shops in Airlie.
2. Lagoon, Port Airlie, Abell Point Marina are walking distance