I've stayed here twice now so obviously the first time wasn't enough to put me off! It's definitely not the nicest hostel no but its not unbearable. This time round our dorm had lino rather than carpet which was much nicer and we had plenty of storage space. The bathroom was fine when we arrived but after everyone had showered the floor was absolutely disgusting which was probably my biggest dislike of the place. Also the mattresses sort of sink into your body shape through the night... so you wake up pretty uncomfortable.. But despite the fact Beaches clearly needs a bit of work I wouldn't rule out staying here again and have always enjoyed my stays!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A perfect location, affordable accommodation, friendly staff and an in-house bar with nightly entertainment makes Beaches the best place to stay in Airlie. Free wi-fi is available ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia and HostelWorld so you can book your Beaches Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beaches Airlie Beach Hotel Airlie Beach
- South Beach Beaches
- Beaches Backpackers Airlie Beach/Whitsunday Islands