This hostel has earned its review by failing on one of the most important aspects of a hotel/hostel/B+B - Safety. There were no lockers in the room and nowhere to put your valuables. In an 8 bed dorm this is simply not acceptable.
But it does not stop there. When another person in my room decided to bring back a guy to her bed, which demonstrates the kind of grotesque low life people that stay here, I decided to intervene. I asked the bloke to leave, as he was not staying at the hostel, and was met with indescribable aggression, threatening both my self and my girlfriend. There is no 24 hour security or even 24 hour reception at the hostel so with nowhere to turn we were left with a nights sleep which I would not wish upon any person.
DO NOT stay here. Fork out a bit more cash guys and protect yourselves and your belongings, I wish I had.
Oh and not to mention bed bug stains, grimy bathroom, above a late bar, linens not washed....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A perfect location, affordable accommodation, friendly staff and an in-house bar with nightly entertainment makes Beaches the best place to stay in Airlie. Free wi-fi is available ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Booking.com, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Beaches Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beaches Airlie Beach Hotel Airlie Beach
- South Beach Beaches
- Beaches Backpackers Airlie Beach/Whitsunday Islands