Staying here didn't get off to a great start waiting for the free pick up, the coach was 5minutes late coming in so the pickup took off. All the other companies stayed to wait for
the bus, however i had already prepaid the stay. The place is in need of modernising and a good scrub, kitchen and bathrooms are adequate but rooms are decent enough.
There is a good little bar out the front by the pool with nightly quiz and movie nights. Overall not a decent place, it may not be as modern as the large hostels 5minutes walk into
the town but it has a good character and atmosphere without the banging noise until 4am in the morning!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 400 metres from the main street, on the top of a small hill, Backpackers By The Bay has awesome ocean views and offers a very social, warm and relaxed atmosphere. Accommodation is available in four share rooms, one 8 share and doubles. Linen is provided and all rooms are serviced daily. Airconditioning is included during the warmer months (mid Sept to mid May) The hostel has a saltwater swimming pool which is surrounded by hammocks, sun-lounges and palm trees as well as a huge sunbaking deck. A fully equipped kitchen with crockery, cutlery and utensils is provided, as is a laundry. The games room has internet access and pool table. Each night, during 'happy hour' the staff hold social activities to help guests meet each other - these include: *Team trivia competitions with the winners receiving a bottle of champagne. * Wii Sports competitions including Bowling, Tennis, Golf, Baseball and Boxing * Killer Pool comps After all the fun and games, relax and watch a movie on the ONLY outdoor cinema in Airlie Beach (Sunday and Tuesday nights) With the best local knowledge of all the tours in the Whitsundays we can help you choose the best trip for your needs. By the Bay is not affiliated with any tour opperators so we don't force any boat on you. We give you all the info and let YOU pick. We also offer a free nights accommodation and free luggage storage with every overnight sailing tour booked with us The friendly and helpful staff look forward to meeting you! *FREE Courtesy bus service meeting all coaches(between 7am-7:30pm). *FREE Tea and Coffee *FREE Wii Sports game *FREE quiz for a bottle of champagne every night! *FREE hammocks, sunlounges and BBQ use *FREE accommodation and storage (with every overnight trip booked) *FREE linen supplied to all beds *FREE unbiased tour advice- often at standby or discounted prices *FREE Fully equipped kitchen - all cutlery, crockery, pots and pans provided at no charge!!! *FREE Off street parking *FREE WiFi available, two hours on arrival ($4 per 24 hour login logout) *Laundry room with washers, dryer, ironing board and iron *Lounge/TV room with wet weather movie days organized *All rooms serviced daily *Lending library *Safe and secure 24 hour access ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, HostelWorld and Priceline so you can book your Backpackers by the Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Backpackers By The Bay Hotel Airlie Beach
- Backpackers By The Bay Airlie Beach/Whitsunday Islands