Backpackers by the Bay
Mantra Club Croc(Cannonvale)(Great Value!)
$86
  • Pool
at Marina Shores(Airlie Beach)(Great Value!)
$215
$151
Agoda.com
Airlie Beach Motor Lodge(Airlie Beach)(Great Value!)
$124
$115
  • Pool
Whitsunday on the Beach(Airlie Beach)(Great Value!)
$99
$93
Agoda.com
Colonial Palms Motor Inn(Airlie Beach)(Great Value!)
$104
$101
Travelocity
$422
$296
Agoda.com
Coral Sea Resort(Airlie Beach)
$169
$156
Priceline
Heart Hotel and Gallery Whitsundays(Airlie Beach)(Great Value!)
$148
$125
  • Beachfront
The Islands Inn Motel(Airlie Beach)
$72
Priceline
Airlie Beach Hotel(Airlie Beach)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsfree wifigreyhound stationthe kitchenchain hostelsquiz nightminute walkcommon areaswhitsundays triprelaxed vibeair conbunk bedsenjoyed my staythe east coasthome from homeshuttle busdouble roomstayed here for two nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 9, 2013

It was good fun here the rooms are nice and really cool staff. It's abit out of town . But also a nice little walk from15 min. It's a cosy and chilled hostel. Really good food for less money. And the best always happy hour! It was lovely

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Backpackers by the bay is a really nice and friendly hostel. Everything is clean. The staff is here to help you if you have any question or problem, and they can also help you to choose and book a tour if you need it. It is a little bit out of town, but you can easily access te shops, pubs, restaurant and beach by foot. I really recommend this hostel if you look for a friendly and quiet place to stay in Airlie Beach!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We had an awesome stay at this hostel. The staff was very friendly and informed us about everything we needed. There even was a complete wall covered with all the possible trips you can do comparing prices and other things. Everything was clean and tidy and all the facilities we needed were available.
They also organize events to enable guests to get to know each other. They offer breakfast and dinner for a very reasonable price as well.
There was no noise at night, which ensured a good night sleep. It's not a party hostel, but if you want, you can still find people to party with. So it basically has everything you could wish for :p

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I arrived by Greyhound and was picked up by the lovely Maile and Matt, who brought me to the hostel by minibus. Maile showed me around and I checked in with the help of Audrey at reception to a 4-bed female dorm. The dorm was clean with a sliding door to the garden which I loved. One small complaint I have is that the top bunk was fairly awkward to clamber in and out of, but that's clutching at straws! The laundry was reasonable, at 3 dollars for a large wash and 4 dollars to dry. There was no need to use the dryer anyway as the clothesline was right outside my dorm (very handy). The girls' bathrooms were just up the hall and were never anything but spotless. There is a hairdryer, soap and always a clean handtowel in the bathroom - it's the small things like this that make this hostel what it is. A pleasure. The kitchen is well stocked with pots, pans, cutlery etc. and the staff do their best to keep it clean. They can't be blamed when minging guests don't clean up properly after themselves! However, maybe providing a few extra clean tea towels and dish cloths would help. The 2.50 breakfast was super value.

The hostel is no more than a 6 minute walk to town. It has beautiful views of the bay and a lovely garden with a small but clean swimming pool. The resident cockatoo was good craic too!
Both Peter and Audrey at reception were helpful, and the staff make a great effort to call you by name every time they greet you. Again, it's the small things. Peter booked my day tour to the Whitsundays and as I was checking out that morning, offered to stow my luggage whilst I was on the day tour. When I arrived back from the trip I used the kitchen and bathrooms at no extra cost. A small thing but it meant so much to me as I was taking a night bus at 11:45 pm and I can't imagine getting on it without having showered and changed. All in all I would highly recommend this hostel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This backpacker is a little bit out of town but a 15mn walk is enough to get there. As soon as we arrived, Peter, the receptionnist, was very cool and told us everything about the room and stuff, we didn't had to ask anything! Everyday of the week, or almost, there is something to do in the backpacker : BBQ around the pool, watch a movie...we only stayed one night so I don't know much about other things to do.
We asked about ferries to do to the Withsundays and particullaly Long Island and the guy advised us where to park our car, in a cheaper parking lot than the one we chose in the first place!
The room was clean and even as large shelves, that allows to save space in the room.
The common bathroom was clean, even if i advise you not to splash much in the shower, there is no separation between the place you hang you dry clothes, and the shower!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends