This is the place to stay in Airlie beach!!!
From the first minute I arrived here, I felt like home. Staff is friendly and helpful and does everything to make you feel comfortable. The hostel has a very good atmosphere. It is smaller than other hostels I have stayed at - a good thing. Although new people arrive every day, everyone seems to contribute to the good vibes.
There is a big kitchen and common areas with sofas and tables where it is easy to get in touch with people and have coffees and beers. Around the house there is a beautiful garden and a swimming pool - the perfect place to relax, sunbath and read a book. And there is the amazing view on the sea.
Rooms, bathrooms and other facilities are nice and clean. There is the possibility to have breakfast for 2.5 dollars (toast, cereals, coffee, tee). The hostel bar opens in the evening - people then usually get together for a drink and to join in the daily quiz, which is a lot of fun.
The only point to improve is wifi. 1h is free upon arrival, the use afterwards is quite expensive.
I had a great time at this hostel - many thanks to the amazing crew, Peter, Merelynn, Soren and Lee!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 400 metres from the main street, on the top of a small hill, Backpackers By The Bay has awesome ocean views and offers a very social, warm and relaxed atmosphere. Accommodation is available in four share rooms, one 8 share and doubles. Linen is provided and all rooms are serviced daily. Airconditioning is included during the warmer months (mid Sept to mid May) The hostel has a saltwater swimming pool which is surrounded by hammocks, sun-lounges and palm trees as well as a huge sunbaking deck. A fully equipped kitchen with crockery, cutlery and utensils is provided, as is a laundry. The games room has internet access and pool table. Each night, during 'happy hour' the staff hold social activities to help guests meet each other - these include: *Team trivia competitions with the winners receiving a bottle of champagne. * Wii Sports competitions including Bowling, Tennis, Golf, Baseball and Boxing * Killer Pool comps After all the fun and games, relax and watch a movie on the ONLY outdoor cinema in Airlie Beach (Sunday and Tuesday nights) With the best local knowledge of all the tours in the Whitsundays we can help you choose the best trip for your needs. By the Bay is not affiliated with any tour opperators so we don't force any boat on you. We give you all the info and let YOU pick. We also offer a free nights accommodation and free luggage storage with every overnight sailing tour booked with us The friendly and helpful staff look forward to meeting you! *FREE Courtesy bus service meeting all coaches(between 7am-7:30pm). *FREE Tea and Coffee *FREE Wii Sports game *FREE quiz for a bottle of champagne every night! *FREE hammocks, sunlounges and BBQ use *FREE accommodation and storage (with every overnight trip booked) *FREE linen supplied to all beds *FREE unbiased tour advice- often at standby or discounted prices *FREE Fully equipped kitchen - all cutlery, crockery, pots and pans provided at no charge!!! *FREE Off street parking *FREE WiFi available, two hours on arrival ($4 per 24 hour login logout) *Laundry room with washers, dryer, ironing board and iron *Lounge/TV room with wet weather movie days organized *All rooms serviced daily *Lending library *Safe and secure 24 hour access ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and HostelWorld so you can book your Backpackers by the Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Backpackers By The Bay Hotel Airlie Beach
- Backpackers By The Bay Airlie Beach/Whitsunday Islands