I stayed in a private room with shared bathroom facilities two weeks ago on a Saturday night. My sister and her partner were in another room. My room felt safe the whole time. I had a tv , fridge and air con, and the bathroom facilities were within 10 metres of my room. I felt safe walking home at night through the resort.. And for the price of about $54 for the night, well worth it.. And central to everything.
Only con, was checking in. Was very busy as only two staff, and they are not only checking people in. But also advising tourists regarding tours etc.. I was happy to wait.. U also have to give them either your licence or bank card of some sort for security.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Whitsundays!!Magnums is a tropical oasis in the middle of the excitement of Airlie Beach. Relax in our beautiful settings or take the short stroll to the famous Airlie Beach Lagoon, Abel Point Marina or Port of Airlie. Magnums is an “over 18 years only” budget holiday retreat in the heart of the beautiful Whitsundays.No need for a cab - Magnums is within walking distance of all the fantastic restaurants, pubs and nightclubs Airlie beach has to offer.Our affordable accommodation styles include dorm rooms, deluxe cabins and private rooms which are all surrounded by beautiful tropical gardens. All of our rooms have air-conditioning and ceiling fans for your comfort. Professionally cleaned linen is provided and our rooms are cleaned daily by our friendly in-house housekeeping team. Magnums’ facilities include a fully equipped shared kitchen and undercover eating area, coin operated washing machines in our laundry, free security deposit service for your security and a free WiFi area, all for your convenience.Our new kitchen/recreation room is now open! We have a 51 inch Plasma TV, games and free Wifi - so it is the perfect indoor entertainment area for your enjoyment. Get some friends together or make some new ones and enjoy a game of volleyball on our sun-filled volleyball court.Want to venture out on a daytrip or an overnight sailing adventure and discover what the Whitsundays has to offer? Magnums has a fully accredited tour desk within our reception area with a large range of tours and activities at very competitive prices. Come and discover Magnums – you will be surprised! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia and HostelWorld so you can book your Magnums Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Magnums Backpackers Hotel Airlie Beach
- Magnums Backpackers Airlie Beach/Whitsunday Islands