Loved the design of the hostel being in a rainforest setting. We stayed quite far back in a private room and so far away from the bar so was quiet at night. Bathroom was generally clean but spiders sharing the shower with you was a bit off putting! Our room was clean but smelt very strongly of damp. My chest tightened as I have mild asthma so not great! We also had ants appear around our zipped coolbag, once we moved these to the fridge they soon went and cleaner came and mopped up straight away which was good. Drinks in the bar were quite expensive but good atmosphere. We ate out all the time, tried cooking pasta 1 night and it was a nightmare - really hot kitchgen and rubbish utensils. Other kitchen only had microwaves and no hobs. Needs a revamp with kitchens for backpackers. Luggage very secure, was happy about that!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Whitsundays!!Magnums is a tropical oasis in the middle of the excitement of Airlie Beach. Relax in our beautiful settings or take the short stroll to the famous Airlie Beach Lagoon, Abel Point Marina or Port of Airlie. Magnums is an “over 18 years only” budget holiday retreat in the heart of the beautiful Whitsundays.No need for a cab - Magnums is within walking distance of all the fantastic restaurants, pubs and nightclubs Airlie beach has to offer.Our affordable accommodation styles include dorm rooms, deluxe cabins and private rooms which are all surrounded by beautiful tropical gardens. All of our rooms have air-conditioning and ceiling fans for your comfort. Professionally cleaned linen is provided and our rooms are cleaned daily by our friendly in-house housekeeping team. Magnums’ facilities include a fully equipped shared kitchen and undercover eating area, coin operated washing machines in our laundry, free security deposit service for your security and a free WiFi area, all for your convenience.Our new kitchen/recreation room is now open! We have a 51 inch Plasma TV, games and free Wifi - so it is the perfect indoor entertainment area for your enjoyment. Get some friends together or make some new ones and enjoy a game of volleyball on our sun-filled volleyball court.Want to venture out on a daytrip or an overnight sailing adventure and discover what the Whitsundays has to offer? Magnums has a fully accredited tour desk within our reception area with a large range of tours and activities at very competitive prices. Come and discover Magnums – you will be surprised! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Magnums Airlie Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Magnums Backpackers Hotel Airlie Beach
- Magnums Airlie Beach Whitsunday Islands