It's probably unfair to always compare Aussie resorts to those in Asia but I can't help myself! If places like Coral Sea just took a leaf out of the books of Asian resorts tourism in Oz could be turned around.
We had a spa suite - lovely balcony with spa and hammock overlooking beautiful Whitsunday turquoise waters. Bed and lounge area furnished well but let down by kitchenette and bathroom in need of a refurb.
Breakfast buffet totally substandard - hotel calls it 'tropical' breakfast but with juice from a carton and only melon and pineapple its hardly conjuring up images of the tropics. Bread, cereal and croissants complete the dull picture. For an extra $12 one can upgrade to cooked breakfast. Come on people - for a supposed 'resort' cooked items should be on the buffet. Also one has to pay an extra $4.50 for a decent coffee rather than the tasteless stuff. Again, this is unacceptable.
Pool overlooking the water is lovely but why not offer poolside snacks such as satay sticks, spicy chicken wings etc rather than the high priced run of the mill predictable lunch menu items. If I see another burger, fish n chips and Caesar salad on a menu in Airlie Beach I think I'll scream!
Cocktail menu good but pricey and why not have a happy hour by the pool?
All these things are so obvious, so easy and so popular in Asia. When will Aussie hotels start lifting their game Asia style?
This will be the last time we holiday domestically in Oz, we just can't stand the mediocrity anymore.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Positioned on the absolute ocean front and just a short stroll via seaside boardwalk to the enchanting Airlie Beach resort village; with its relaxed atmosphere and collection of eclectic shops and cafes; lies the Coral Sea Resort. A stroll in the opposite direction crossing a separate boardwalk with the sea below is Abel Point Marina, your direct access to the Whitsunday Islands and the Great Barrier Reef. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Coral Sea Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coral Sea Hotel Airlie Beach
- Coral Sea Airlie Beach
- Coral Sea Resort Hotel
- Coral Resort Sea
- Coral Sea Resort Airlie Beach/Whitsunday Islands