“Loved the room”

Airlie Central Apartments
Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

Loved the room and it had a beautiful set up although the location didn't have the best view looking out onto a dirty vacant lot, the actual location was close to everything and we could walk anywhere we needed to. The spa on our balcony was perfect and lovely to freshen off on the first day although it started to get smelly and murky by the second day and there was no chlorine where there was supposed to be so we had to put up with the disgusting smelling spa.
The rooms are locked by a combination not a key which made everything a lot easier and I'de easily say I would happily live there aswell as holiday there

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Great central spot. Everything you need in a holiday home.
Lucky to have a spa and used it daily as there are lots of walking tracks( best way to see area).
Kirsty is excellent.
Thanks again for a fab holiday home!!!
Dimitty

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 4, 2013

No complaints about Kirsty - her communication was excellent. We could not believe that this accommodation had a four star rating. It is situated on a very busy main road and the traffic noise could not be shut out. The jacuzzi was very smelly and after one try we decided that it was not a healthy way to cool off and relax. The apartment itself was clean and modern but not a place we would return to for a restful break. The photos of the pool are very misleading - it is more a children's pool with water only waist deep.

Room Tip: The higher level probably has some water glimpses
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Kirsty gave exemplar service every step of the way and arranged to make sure we got the apartments with the two bedrooms so the four of us can be in close quarters. The apartments were tasteful and clean and nicely furnished with a bottle of wine and a bubbling jacuzzi upon arrival. The highlight for me (besides the clean bed and bathroom) was that they had a laundry and a dryer! I didn't think I needed it till I dragged back a wet beach towel. They had thought of it before I even thought I needed it! (Trust me you need it). The photos you see online of the rooms are exactly as they are. To those who mentioned about insects and roaches... come on, it's 30 degrees heat...just don't leave food out in the open (fridge everything) and bag your garbage. Simple. Only about five minutes away from the main street, but far enough so you don't hear the noise. The lagoon is lovely to cool off and Mr Bones is a definite recommendation for food. They have car spaces for each apartment too. I came on a voucher but I will be happy to pay full price next time I come back! Thanks Kirsty for all your help!

Room Tip: If you can't decide between the studio or the one bedder with lounge I would suggest paying a bi...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Me and my boy friend got a great deal from groupon and loved the apartment! Large double room with plenty of space open plan kitchen and lounge with our private balcony with hot tub. Didn't get chance to go in the pool but looked lovely.
Very close to everything and just a bus stop away for the marina. All in all is a great place to stay and we will defiantly be using again!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2013

These units are well located, just a short walk to both the main street and lagoon but still in a quiet area. The complex is fairly new so the units are modern. I stayed in a studio, which was quite small and did not have a spa on the balcony. Most units have undercover carparks but mine did not, however, after the first night the manager sent me a text saying I could park in another unit's space, which I was grateful for. But then the owner of that unit left a big sign on my car telling me not to park there so that was uncomfortable. The car spaces are not wide and the carpark does not have much turning space. The units have a combination lock and no key, which I think is great. My unit had shared laundry facilities with another unit and could only be used between certain hours. I found a cockroach in the kitchen and there are a couple of wasp nests on the balcony. The bathroom sink was clogged and water took a long time to go down. The kitchen sink is also very hard to access as it is in a corner. The balcony is nice but it is a shame that it is now looks onto a civil works depot. The managers do not live on sight but are only a phone call away. There are still a lot of roadworks going on in the main street. The lagoon is wonderful and is a must visit. If you like running or walking then take the 3.5 km one way Bicentennial Walkway from the lagoon to Cannonvale Beach. Mr Bones is a great spot for a pizza.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We just got back from a three night stay in Airlie Beach. We were in apartment 5 which although was on the bottom floor was still beautiful. The room was set out well and the bed was very comfortable. We had a spa on the balcony which was already heated and ready on arrival and as we were on the bottom floor and were facing a construction site, used the spa cover as a barrier (just to feel a little more comfortable). It was so close to the main drag of Airlie that we walked every morning for breakfast and again for lunch and dinner :) Loved Village Cafe for breakfast!

Although there was no physical person on site, they were there to fix anything if need be...we were concerned that our spa was too full as it overflowed onto the balcony and driveway below - they came out and called us as we had left to go shopping and said they did what they could but if it makes a mess - so what :) Lovely lady :)

Will be back on our next trip :)

Room Tip: Ask for a spa/jacuzzi WORTH IT!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
#31 of 56 in Airlie Beach
Mantra Club Croc
Mantra Club Croc
#1 of 1 in Cannonvale

Been to Airlie Central Apartments? Share your experiences!