“Yummiest Sushi Around”

Sushi Hi
Ranked #66 of 104 Restaurants in Airlie Beach
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Does not have a website.
Airlie Beach, Australia
“Yummiest Sushi Around”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I get sushi from Sushi Hi for lunch often, and I've never had something I didn't like. Michelle is a total sweetheart, not to mention a great cook. The satay chicken sushi is the best!

• Visited September 2012

Australia
“WOW!!”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

How in the heck can you get this quality of sushi in a town that basically doesn't have anything but backpackers food. When I walked in a watched Michelle (the wonderful owner) cutting up a nice fresh Spanish Mackerel caught that day I almost fell over. Sure some of the fish has to be brought in like other sushi places but I can't tell you how good it is to have that local stuff. Don't miss this spot! I'd go back to the town just to visit this restaurant!!

• Visited September 2012
Thailand
“Great service, horrible food”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I never knew how good sushi in Canada was until i came to Australia: Chicken Schnitzel Maki??? Are you serious?? Yuck! And don't even bother with the salmon because it's awful. Tastes like it was scraped off the ground in some back alley.

Also, I suffer from a dairy allergy. Never in my 30 odd years of enjoying sushi was this ever a problem until I tried their "spicy salmon" roll. I have to take some responsibility because I typically ask at restaurants to make sure there's no dairy in my meal, but I didn't even think the Asians cooked with dairy! I guess the "Australian White Asians" do. Fool me once...

Atmosphere was nice for a food court and we sat outside like we were pretending to be eating at one of the fancier joints down the block. Too bad for the rest of it. Way to kill a night.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank deecypher
mrpoppet, Owner at Sushi Hi, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We always want our customers to be happy with their food and are sorry that we didn't realise your disappointment while you were in store so we could have rectified any concerns. Please come back again, and have a complimentary meal deal. Just let us know when you would like to use this voucher. With kind regards, Sushi Hi team.
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
“Best Sushi in Airlie”
Reviewed May 20, 2012

well priced, sushi boats instead of trains are so cute. Owner is gorgeous friendly lady, fast service. Fresh, beauitiful yum sushi.

Visited April 2012
Melbourne, Australia
“Sushi Hi”
Reviewed April 28, 2012

When its open (which is very hit and miss) its actually good!

Visited April 2012