“The best view ever!”

Clipper Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #19 of 114 Restaurants in Airlie Beach
Cuisines: Australian, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Restaurant is situated at Coral Sea Resort which is already listed on Trip Advisor under Hotels, but the restaurant is also open to the public and can be reviewed seperately
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We went for a bite and a drink at this restaurant, the food and the drinks were really good- but if you are not staying at the resort you will not be allowed to sit at the front, but the view is still superb.

3  Thank Le_London_007

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Restaurant has great views and is nicely decorated, they seemed to be having a mixed night when we were there, my steak was cold like it had been cooked way before the other food and left to stand, my wife had the Gnocchi which she liked so much she orderd it the following night. My daughters grilled fish with vegatbles came out battered with salad, when we pointed this out the waiter did give us a free serving of vegatables. So bit of a mixed bag, waiters all appear to backpackers who offer fairly average service, had to keep turning around to get any service, may just have been a bad night.

1  Thank Njp40
Reviewed December 15, 2012

This is the second time I have been for lunch and had the Caesar salad which I think is one of the best I have had locally.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

The first night we were here, we tried the degustation menu - priced very reasonably for a degustation (kind of like a 3 course meal but this one had several appetizers to taste). Everything was simply excellent. We particularly liked the gnocchi in the menu, and had a great lamb rump. Absolutely wonderful lemon creme brulee. The regular dinner menu can be pricey, but that's what you get on a resort island and honestly, the food is so good it's worth it. Definitely getting this food again (although will probably be lazy and get it for room service).

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Tried the degustation for dinner yesterday. It was FANTASTIC! The set included an amuse-bouche, calamari and prawn, gnocchi, lime sorbet, choice of mains (my sis and I had the barramundi and the lamb), and choice of dessert. We really liked the amuse-bouche, gnocchi, and the mains in particular. Great value at $65 (cheaper than Melbourne or Sydney at any rate!) and included a glass of sparkling. The peaceful atmosphere and the views of the pool and the ocean also made for a very enjoyable dinner. As did the friendly and attentive staff. Wonderful end to our day.