“Sadly, Disappointed”
Review of The Coffee Club

The Coffee Club
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: This restaurant is not visible from the road. One needs to go into the new Have eaten, met up with friends, relaxed and enjoyed breakfast with grest service at this majical spot, facing east, protected from the wind it is a heavenly place to sit in winter and taste real coffeee with good service.Port of Airlie, park downstairs in carpark, go through resort reception area to marina. The Coffee Club sits just new the new marina.
Reviewed April 28, 2012

I never thought I would be writing a bad review about a Coffee Club. I go to the coffee club in Mackay,Canelands at least 3 times a week where the food and service is exceptional so was very eager to go to this one when I found there was one in Airlie. The food was the same as all the others, very nice, unfortunately the service was very slow and we were not offered any drinks until our food came out, when our food arrived ( Steak sandwich,chips and salad ) we were not given any utensils to eat it with. Before I could say anything she was gone, back inside listening to her music and making herself a drink. My wife and I ate our food with our hands and quickly left.
I don't ask for much, utensils and napkins should come out with your food, I just never go back !!!
Summing up, it was not hard to work out why my wife and I were the only two people there on a Friday night.
If you want poor service this is the place for you !!!!!

1  Thank Bill C

Reviewed April 5, 2012

The service was good. Food was ok. But the waitresses don't listen to wait you say. My friend ordered a big breakfast minus mushrooms as she is allergic when the food was brought out her eggs were sitting on mushrooms. I ordered the eggs benny and was disappointed that all I could taste was vingegar.

Reviewed March 9, 2012

We each ordered the same coffee drinks on four different occasions, with very different outcomes...sometimes mine were great and my partners were not, sometimes the opposite. We never BOTH seemed to get good results, and we had different baristas each time

Reviewed March 5, 2012

This Coffee Club is nothing special apart from been situated inside the Port of Airlie marina.

I sat next to a sign that said "Please be seated for table service" I eventually got my own menu from inside and ordered from the bar area.

The meat inside the steak sandwich was not tender enough to eat as a sandwich without it sliding out so naturally I used the knife and fork provided. The iced coffee I ordered was also very average.

There are better places in the main street of Airlie without the walk required to get to the Coffee Club.

Reviewed March 4, 2012

Quite a distance from the main part of town but the walk will give you a great view. The coffee & cakes were delish but the exhorbitant price left a sour taste. Service was not up to usual Coffee Club standards