“Great trip to the reef” 5 of 5 bubbles

Whitsunday Island Adventure Cruises
Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great trip to the reef”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

Very large fast ferry (26 knots) that takes you to 2 reef areas. We were lucky enough to travel to Knuckle reef that took just over 2 hours to reach. The boat / ferry ties up at a fixed pontoon on the reef to complete your water activities. - snorkling, underwater sub tour, morning / afternoon tea along with a good buffet. Had prawns included in the buffet. Paid another $119 to complete an introductory scuba dive and well worth it. Our group was 12 and we had a reserved area on the ferry in the air conditioned cabin behind the captain. Outside seats on the boat could be cool on the trip home if the weather wasn't good. We had perfect weather. Didn't see as many fish as I thought on the reef, but plenty of other things to view whilst snorkeling. Most of the trips go to Hardy reef and we were lucky enough to go to knuckle reef due to the number of poeple on our boat - 176 plus 22 crew.

Visited April 2014

Adelaide, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ferry Cruises”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

The staff and Capitan were funny, professional, helpful, knowledgeable. Always willing to help. Insured we had the best service and arrived to our destinations on time.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Jessica L
Brisbane, Australia
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 91 helpful votes
“Terrible service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

This company is terribly overpriced and the service is awful at best. They are the only company operating this service therefore they have no need to care. What they are offering is fantastic and makes getting around the whitsundays easy. But firstly, we were going to catch the ferry from airlie to long beach. We went down to the jetty to wait for them. As we still had 5 mins to go until it came I ran back to the car to get something and in that time the boat came and left with my girlfriend standing there asking them to wait for 30secs while I come back. They left saying that they weren't going to wait. Then we went in to the office to book on the next ferry and the girl was not very helpful and was rude. She booked us on but gave us no information and sounded annoyed. Then we went to take our bags to the porter and he wasn't there. So I went to ask the girl what to do with our bags an she was annoyed again and came and gave us tags to put on and then left. We so went on a Whitehaven beach tour. This was very good. But the problem I have with this was that the tour was 15mins late leaving. Usually this wouldn't be a problem but the fact that the ferry couldn't wait for 30secs in the first instance made me very angry. Also when we went to get our tickets the same girl was working at the ticket counter and still had the same attitude.

Saint John
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Whitsunday Island Adventure Cruises”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

Expensive for what you get, just a boat ride to a big beach( Whitehaven Beach is nice , but just one of many in Oz)

Then 1 hour snorkelling on a dying reef, not many fish and the coral is dead-very disappointing- maybe too may divers etc

Then they take you to there commercial island-Day Dream Is-- what a wage of time- just walking around a hotel area.
The staff were pleasant but bored stiff. doing this every day no wonder.

But my main complaint was the boat the "2001" diesel engines just plumed dirty smoke the whole way- it would be outlawed in most countries- no wonder the coral is dying here- I thought they were trying to preserve there live treasures- what a joke.

Poor value and not a place I recommend.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank heydd55
Brisbane
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Very disappointing, they made me miss the barrier reef”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

I was expecting quite a lot from this cruise. That is why I explicitly speficied when I booked by phone that I wanted to see Whitehaven Beach, the famous one on all the pictures, and the real Greet Barrier Reef and not some snorkelling near the coast. They told me there would be both of them. It ended up we DID NOT go and even SEE the SCENIC BEACH of Whitsundays. It was inconceivable as it seems to be the main attraction there. Indeed we went to Whitehaven Beach, but on the other side; it is a fantastic beach though, but we have only 30 minutes to enjoy there.

Then we went to Hook Island. The glassboat was RIDICULOUS. We did not see anything. To be honest I guess I have seen 4-5 fishes from the glass. Then we went snorkelling and indeed we see corals and fishes but IT WAS NOT THE REEF. We asked the crew and we got the answer "Yes, the reef is 30 miles far this way. But it is still the reeef here though"......NO it was not the reef. It was ok, nice to see some fishes but it was not very colorful neither varied as expected. Nothing special.

Finally we ended up at 3.30pm at DayDream Island, for two hours. A superficial, commercial hotel-island where we were probably supposed to buy souvenirs. Or to see the small wallabies that look like zombies, and everywhere on he grass as the staff of the hostel has spread food for them everywhere on the grass. Worse than in a zoo. There were a few manta rays in a pool and some sea-animals; indeed, we've seen barely some of them while snorkelling so we had to see some more on this horrible island. Everything was disgusting. It was the LONGEST ATTRACTION of the trip ! Deplorable.

TO sum up the trip was not at all what we expected. Indeed the food was unlimited on boat, and whitsundays are beautiful, but it was quite expensive for that. I felt like trapped. I expected two things from this trip (barrier reef, beautiful whitehaven beach, the side with the twisted beach) and I did not get any. Instead I was dropped on ones of the worst place I ever been on Earth, Daydream Island. I would not recommend this cruise to anyone. Stay away.

Visited August 2013