“Amazing view, good food and service”
Review of mr bones - CLOSED

mr bones
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I decided to try this restaurant after reading the reviews on trip advisor and I wasn't disappointed. I had the mushroom pizza and it was great. Some of the other pizzas on the menu also sounded very yummy. I tried the Persian love cake after reading someone's review but I was not that impressed with this dessert. It was moist but lacked flavour. Service was friendly and efficient. The restaurant looks over the Airlie Beach lagoon so amazing view. The menu on their website is not up to date. I phoned for a booking and left a message. No one called me back to confirm.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The pizzas here are just divine. If you are a big Pizza Hut or Dominos fan - don't go here. Mr Bones' pizzas are proper italian pizzas with just a few toppings - but oh my....... those toppings. The buffalo mozzarella on our pizza was some of the best I have ever tasted. We can't wait to go back.

The staff are super friendly and helpful and on the night we went, the owner and his guest gave up their chairs for us as my husband didn't want to sit on the stools at our table. All done with good grace and great service.

Good wines too!

Make sure you book.....

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great Coffee, Great Gourmet Pizzas but Mr Bones is not just a pizza cafe but a wonderful locaton overlooking the Lagoon at Airlie Beach to drop in for a morning or afternoon snack. Love their savoury snacks - garlic prawns or stuffed squid and dips.
The Persian Dessert is to die for, served beautifully on their special slate plates. The staff are welcoming, friendly and attentive which is uncharacteristic in Airlie. Well done Mr Bones keep up the good work ! Only pity is that you are closed on Sunday our traditional Breakfast morning.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

This was the first place we chose to eat on our first night in Airlie Beach. After a day of traveling it was great to sit at the bench and look over the lagoon. Staff were very friendly and able to assist with a vegan pizza which was very delicious enjoyed with a good bottle of wine!!

Would loved to have visited again but unfortunately not enough time due to short stay and they were closednom Mondays.

Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Such a great vibe in this little hidden gem by the lagoon! It felt just like a trendy Melbourne cafe complete with great coffee too! The pork belly was to die for and the pizzas delicious. By far the best cafe we found in airlie.