“Wow!”

Whitehaven Beach Picnic Adventure
Ranked #16 of 59 things to do in Airlie Beach
Reviewed June 28, 2014

The sand is so white and soft. To find a shady spot and just lay in the warm sun knowing that down south all my friends are rugged up in winter woollies puts a smile on my face as I bask in the sunshine.We travelled on a ferry to the Island and I must say the staff were wonderful and full of fun jokes. The ride got a little rough and it made the trip even more fun. All the screams as we hit the waves was better than any fun park ride.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

We visited Whitehaven Beach on a half day trip which we felt was very average or perhaps we were expecting more after the brochures we had seen. We travelled with the Whitsunday cruise catamarans and when we left Day Dream Island there must have been a problem with another vessel as we had to take additional passengers first to the Airport docking area of Hamilton Island before collecting guests from Hamilton Island Marina so that made the trip about half an hour behind time. The weather wasn't great so once we left Hamilton and hit the open sea a few people were sea sick. On the way out the water did look quite pretty in colour.
Once at the beach we were armed with stinger suits, off loaded to spend about two hours wandering along the white silica sands of this beach. Because of the cyclone the week before the beach was littered with debris so we didn't get to see a glistening white soft sandy beach we had expected. Still it was nice to cool off in the salt water and yes the sand is so fine that you could clean jewellery however not a fish in sight.
Perhaps it would have been helpful to have umbrellas to sit under as it was very humid. The other thing I found the next day was that I had been bitten by sand-flies or something that has left red itching bites. So I suggest you take insect repellent, an umbrella plus of course your water bottles and sunblock. Not quite what we expected however we can now cross this off our bucket list.

1  Thank Brungford
Reviewed June 21, 2013

A purple Catamaran what more could a girl obsessed with purple ask for. I was with a group of 6 other girls for a long weekend and had the 1st day out on the Camira and had the best day. I had never had a good go of snorkeling until this day and made sure i took full advantage of it. Then we sailed to Whitehaven beach and lazed around on the beach till it was time for an extensive lunch of steak snags chicken and fish. I could not have asked for more and will definitely drag my hubby along next time.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

love the beach is you go to hamilton island you mustt go to whitehaven beach, ohhh my the bach very clean the water just like in swimming pool, so many fish you can swim with fish, just bring lotion, and extra clothes. i don't want change clothe over there because it's surround with bush and still so many wildlife there, espc snake. so if you're like me better bring towel and extra clothes. because when you enter boat you have to be dry, but you can change at the boat better.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

water warm as, but you best ware stinger suits, we had beach games, plenty of swimming but watch the sand its that fine it will destroy cameras but cleans up all kinds of jewlery

1  Thank Bruce P