“Genuinely Amazing Adventure!!!”
Review of Ocean Rafting

Ocean Rafting
More attraction details
Owner description: Ocean Rafting visits the “Wild Side” of the Whitsunday Islands, the uninhabited islands with beautiful natural scenery brimming with marine, bird and animal life. There are two exciting tour options, the Northern Exposure and Southern Lights, and each Ocean Rafting day includes an exhilarating ride to Whitehaven Beach, pristine snorkelling reefs and guided Whitsunday Island National Parks walks. Ocean Rafting is the only tour to have direct access to the stunning and iconic Hill Inlet beach, and special snorkel sites at Hook Island and Border Island ensure a memorable underwater experience.The semi rigid inflatable vessels are super fast allowing guests to experience a fun ride, adventure and education amongst the natural beauty of the Whitsundays. The vessels were originally designed and built as rescue crafts and are driven by 450hp engines. 70% of the vessel is shaded, providing comfort from the tropical sun. Small groups allow guests to experience tropical paradise away from the crowds.Ocean Rafting has been operating since 1997 and is proud to have special permits allowing its vessels to visit protected areas in the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park. The Skipper and Eco Host will ensure guests have a fun filled adventure and personalised service, from the courtesy bus pick up in the morning to snorkel lessons and a guided National Park walk in the Whitsunday Islands.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Me and my girlfriend Holly recently went to the whitsunday's and this was one of the two highlights of the trip (the other was a night at the 6 star hotel on hayman island).

Dillon and Sarah (I think it was Sarah) were really cool, and they take you to some of the best spots in the whitsundays. We saw turtles, loads of fish and they're the only guys who can access the northern part of whitehaven beach which is the most beautiful part.

Truly awesome day and the boat is AMAZING! it's the same ones the navy use when the sea's so rough that no other kind of boat can handle it so your as safe as you could be...

I'd 100% recommend this to anyone.

Thanks for an great day.

1  Thank Jamie I
Write a ReviewReviews (5,251)
All reviews
in 66 reviews
"great staff"
in 80 reviews

Reviewed January 21, 2013

When we learned that the Northern tour went to Hook Island for snorkelling, we immediately booked without really knowing much more. Hook Island has some of the best snorkelling in the Whitsundays. What an absolutely brilliant day. The boat ride was fast and thrilling, (not the usual sedate ferry ride out to the islands). Yes you are going to get wet, but that is half the fun and on a hot day who cares. The buffet lunch provided was great. Will, one of the crew members, was full of information and entertaining to boot. The entire day was a blast, rather than just bits of it. We would absolutely highly recommend this to anyone. By the way, four in our group of 5 that went are in our middle to late 50's.

2  Thank Sandra K
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

My friends and I debated about what day trip to do. So glad we chose ocean rafting!
It is the experience of a lifetime!
It got a bit rough at times (we went on a very choppy day) but that was what made my day! It was so much fun!
I highly recommend it!!
I will definitely do it again one day!

1  Thank Lollyholz
Reviewed January 19, 2013

My husband and I did the Northern tour (more snorkelling time) just a few days after Christmas this year and we had a fantastic time. The best part about it was that even the boat ride was fun. A bit like travelling to snorkelling destinations and one of the best beaches in the world via roller coaster. I wish the water was a bit choppier on our day, as I'm sure with a few more waves the ride would have been that much more thrilling.

Our guide, Cam, was wonderful from start to finish. Such a chill guy who clearly has a love for the area. His enthusiasm was infectious. I loved that we had a female skipper (Sarah) who was hardcore and had the boat doing donuts and at times catching air.

Our first snorkel spot at Maureen's Cove I thought was very mediocre at best, and the current made it difficult for me to even get back onto the boat. The second snorkelling spot was much better (though there was still a pretty strong current) and I was able to follow a sea turtle around and see lots of beautiful coral and amazing sea creatures. The little fish eggs that were everywhere made me uncomfortable, especially when I touched them (couldn't be avoided, really) but everyone sucked it up and had a good time anyway.

We were initially nervous about jellies giving that we were there during stinger season, but we just rented stinger suits and jumped in... no problems with jellies!

Hill Inlet. Whitehaven Beach. I don't even know what to say. Just stunning. We were taken to a secluded part of Whitehaven Beach and nearly had the place to ourselves. It was absolutely breathtaking. Lunch wasn't bad and I was relieved that they had some meat-free dishes in the buffet.

Overall we had a great day! I've been on good snorkelling expeditions and I've been on bad ones. This is one of the good ones. If you like fast rides, beautiful views, competent tour guides, pure white silica sand, and real-life glimpses into the underwater world - you'll probably have a great time on this tour too! Thanks Cam and Sarah for the wonderful time.

1  Thank -Canadiana_Abroad-