“Awesome Northern Tour - Definitely Go” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Rafting Tour to Whitehaven Beach
Ranked #1 of 79 Tours in Airlie Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Ocean Rafting visits the “Wild Side” of the Whitsunday Islands, the uninhabited islands with beautiful natural scenery brimming with marine, bird and animal life. There are two exciting tour options, the Northern Exposure and Southern Lights, and each Ocean Rafting day includes an exhilarating ride to Whitehaven Beach, pristine snorkelling reefs and guided Whitsunday Island National Parks walks. Ocean Rafting is the only tour to have direct access to the stunning and iconic Hill Inlet beach, and special snorkel sites at Hook Island and Border Island ensure a memorable underwater experience.The semi rigid inflatable vessels are super fast allowing guests to experience a fun ride, adventure and education amongst the natural beauty of the Whitsundays. The vessels were originally designed and built as rescue crafts and are driven by 450hp engines. 70% of the vessel is shaded, providing comfort from the tropical sun. Small groups allow guests to experience tropical paradise away from the crowds.Ocean Rafting has been operating since 1997 and is proud to have special permits allowing its vessels to visit protected areas in the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park. The Skipper and Eco Host will ensure guests have a fun filled adventure and personalised service, from the courtesy bus pick up in the morning to snorkel lessons and a guided National Park walk in the Whitsunday Islands.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Brisbane
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome Northern Tour - Definitely Go”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

When we learned that the Northern tour went to Hook Island for snorkelling, we immediately booked without really knowing much more. Hook Island has some of the best snorkelling in the Whitsundays. What an absolutely brilliant day. The boat ride was fast and thrilling, (not the usual sedate ferry ride out to the islands). Yes you are going to get wet, but that is half the fun and on a hot day who cares. The buffet lunch provided was great. Will, one of the crew members, was full of information and entertaining to boot. The entire day was a blast, rather than just bits of it. We would absolutely highly recommend this to anyone. By the way, four in our group of 5 that went are in our middle to late 50's.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Sandra K

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

My friends and I debated about what day trip to do. So glad we chose ocean rafting!
It is the experience of a lifetime!
It got a bit rough at times (we went on a very choppy day) but that was what made my day! It was so much fun!
I highly recommend it!!
I will definitely do it again one day!

1 Thank Lollyholz
Singapore, Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Excellent Day About the Whitsundays!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

My husband and I did the Northern tour (more snorkelling time) just a few days after Christmas this year and we had a fantastic time. The best part about it was that even the boat ride was fun. A bit like travelling to snorkelling destinations and one of the best beaches in the world via roller coaster. I wish the water was a bit choppier on our day, as I'm sure with a few more waves the ride would have been that much more thrilling.

Our guide, Cam, was wonderful from start to finish. Such a chill guy who clearly has a love for the area. His enthusiasm was infectious. I loved that we had a female skipper (Sarah) who was hardcore and had the boat doing donuts and at times catching air.

Our first snorkel spot at Maureen's Cove I thought was very mediocre at best, and the current made it difficult for me to even get back onto the boat. The second snorkelling spot was much better (though there was still a pretty strong current) and I was able to follow a sea turtle around and see lots of beautiful coral and amazing sea creatures. The little fish eggs that were everywhere made me uncomfortable, especially when I touched them (couldn't be avoided, really) but everyone sucked it up and had a good time anyway.

We were initially nervous about jellies giving that we were there during stinger season, but we just rented stinger suits and jumped in... no problems with jellies!

Hill Inlet. Whitehaven Beach. I don't even know what to say. Just stunning. We were taken to a secluded part of Whitehaven Beach and nearly had the place to ourselves. It was absolutely breathtaking. Lunch wasn't bad and I was relieved that they had some meat-free dishes in the buffet.

Overall we had a great day! I've been on good snorkelling expeditions and I've been on bad ones. This is one of the good ones. If you like fast rides, beautiful views, competent tour guides, pure white silica sand, and real-life glimpses into the underwater world - you'll probably have a great time on this tour too! Thanks Cam and Sarah for the wonderful time.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank -Canadiana_Abroad-
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Adventure and relaxation.. Stunning views!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

Loved this day out.. Well organised and relaxed attitude suited our holiday vibe. Only thing I can think that wasn't awesome was te lunch.. But it was cheap so it didn't bother us either. Highly recommend doing this, it gives you the best of the islands and is fairly inexpensive!

1 Thank Lauren W
Buderim, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Fun day for all the family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

My family and I had a great day on the 'Southern Exposure' with the Ocean Rafting crew. The tour, staff and locations were all stunning. Huge amounts of fun was had by us adults and the kids. Would do this again!

Visited December 2012