“bucket list”

and up
Rafting Tour to Whitehaven Beach
Ranked #1 of 84 Tours in Airlie Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Ocean Rafting visits the “Wild Side” of the Whitsunday Islands, the uninhabited islands with beautiful natural scenery brimming with marine, bird and animal life. There are two exciting tour options, the Northern Exposure and Southern Lights, and each Ocean Rafting day includes an exhilarating ride to Whitehaven Beach, pristine snorkelling reefs and guided Whitsunday Island National Parks walks. Ocean Rafting is the only tour to have direct access to the stunning and iconic Hill Inlet beach, and special snorkel sites at Hook Island and Border Island ensure a memorable underwater experience.The semi rigid inflatable vessels are super fast allowing guests to experience a fun ride, adventure and education amongst the natural beauty of the Whitsundays. The vessels were originally designed and built as rescue crafts and are driven by 450hp engines. 70% of the vessel is shaded, providing comfort from the tropical sun. Small groups allow guests to experience tropical paradise away from the crowds.Ocean Rafting has been operating since 1997 and is proud to have special permits allowing its vessels to visit protected areas in the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park. The Skipper and Eco Host will ensure guests have a fun filled adventure and personalised service, from the courtesy bus pick up in the morning to snorkel lessons and a guided National Park walk in the Whitsunday Islands.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I am 60yrs old, probably one of the best times I have ever exprienced.
I will not be crossing this trip off my bucket list, wife and I want to make it an annual event.
Get on WILD THING with Sarah and Dylan they were a gas.( hope I spelled there names correct)
The food was more than we expected, best shore lunch ever.
1.5 hrs of snorkling the fish are amazing

Write a ReviewReviews (5,136)

Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

Thanks ocean rafting for a great day out! Their knowledge of the area was second to none and the sights were amazing!

The snorkeling was great and the tour guides fed fish around me as I snorkeled so I was surrounded by some amazing and massive fish!

It was a shame the tide was huge at hill inlet when we were there but that's not their fault, i was surprised that we got to stay for so long at the inlet that the tide ran out and we got to play in Chrystal clear waters.

The lunch was amazing and driving around was great fun! Not scary! A very good, fun, affordable day tour!

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Firstly a huge thankyou to Karl and Dillon on my Ocean Rafting experience they made it a wonderfull time. I had been travelling on the cruise ship Radiance of the Seas and as an extra excusion choose to take the ocean rafting ride. The ride was fantastic, the places visited and the time snorkling were great.These two young men made the day really special with there knowledge, humour and awareness of our comfort and safety, thanks again.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

we were looking into trips going to The Whitsunday Island for 2 days and 1 night. But someone who did Ocean Rafting recommended it to us, saying it was the best day trip in Airlie Beach. I'm so happy we booked with them !

The WhitSunday Island is far away from the main land, so you could spend almost 2 hours on the boat to get there, but not with the fast boat of Ocean Rafting, it takes just 45 minutes and it is quite a ride ! very bumpy, so much fun . The crew is very dynamic and enthusiastic. you can't get bored, they put up a great atmosphere, put music on and point out turtles and dolphins along the way. I maybe would not recommend it for people with back or neck problems as, once again, it's very bumpy, especally on the front seats.

The Snorkleing times were great, we saw lots of fish, we got to swim among them . We were lucky enough to see a big turtle too and dolphins from the boat. the Corals are beatifull too . I enjoyed every single bit of it.
(gear is included. they rent wet suit for 7$ , but it's free if you have a student or backpacker card).

And the last but not least, we got to have the most amazing view over the Whitsunday from the lookout of the Island. Most beautiful view I ever got to see. So many different shade of blue, pretty amazing . It's a protected area, 100% natural. We had luch on the beach (14$ not included, you can also bring your own snack if you'd like). I honestly had the best day ever and I highly recommend it ! 2 days in 1 , save time, money and have more fun !

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Really fun and exciting way to see Whitehaven Beach! Definitely beats getting there by regular boat! Snorkeling was fantastic as well, not to mention the entertaining crew!