The apartment was beautiful. Just as good as all the reviews said.
Everything was new and pristine, it was very spacious (bigger than our 2-bedroom flat at home!), with comfortable pillows and a comfortable sofa, 2 bathrooms, 2 balconies and a well-equipped kitchen. It also overlooked the marina with beautiful views. The location was quiet, with an easy 5 minute walk to shops and restaurants on the high street.
The apartment was excellent and would've easily gotten a 5-star rating from me except:
1. The shower hot water ran out 2 mornings in a row. A cold shower would have been fine later in the day to cool down, but first thing in the morning I need a hot shower. It didn't seem dependent on the amount of hot water used, as I didn't even have time to rinse the shampoo from my hair.
2. They did not clean on the day that housekeeping said they would, nor the next day, so we did not get any fresh towels during our 6-day stay. It would have been better to have our expectations set for this, but as we explicitly asked housekeeping whether anyone would clean, we were disappointed when nobody turned up.
Would I recommend Outrigger apartments to a friend? Definitely yes. But I would suggest they take a shower before bed rather than first thing in the morning, and be prepared to nudge the staff about the cleaning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated right on Port of Airlie Marina, Mantra Boathouse Apartments are a great accommodation choice. You can choose from a Two or Three Bedroom Apartment, fully equipped with everything you need like full-sized refrigerators/freezers, dishwashers, microwaves and stovetops as well as ultra-comfy beds and private balconies giving you a sensational view over the endless Coral Sea. These apartments are simply ideal for couples, groups or the family. You’ll find these spacious Airlie Beach apartments have room to spread out and relax. The separate sitting and dining areas, as well as roomy bedrooms make for a really comfortable stay; and it doesn’t stop when you step outside your door. There’s a children’s playground as well as a swimming pool and sundeck, get a little exercise up on the tennis court and throw some snags on the barbie and enjoy. Parking is free and you’re close to everything Airlie Beach has to offer. You’ll love the warm and friendly staff at Mantra Boathouse Apartments, the tour desk can help you with all of your day trips and if you’re in the mood, why not do some exploring in a rental car, just ask reception. There are many tour operators who will sail you around the Whitsundays - 74 fascinating islands of which you’ll never tire. Snorkel the Great Barrier Reef or take a scuba tour and dive deeper among tens of thousands of species of the most amazing fish, brilliantly coloured corals and all sorts of marine life. Airlie Beach is home to some excellent bars and restaurants – Cha’Mah Moroccan Bar and Restaurant, Denman Cellars Beer Cafe and The Coffee Club are right on the marina outside your resort. The Great Barrier Reef is one of the seven natural wonders of the world, combine this with Mantra Boathouse Apartments and you’re bound to have the best holiday ever. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda and Hotwire so you can book your Mantra Boathouse Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Boathouse Apartments Airlie Beach/Whitsunday Islands