“Dissapointing”

Sidewalk Cafe Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #26 of 105 Restaurants in Airlie Beach
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: When I think about Good Food, its about quality and value. After working in some of Australia best food establishments I have discovered making sure high quality standards are applied to the preparation, cooking and presentation of our menu is the key to its success. SideWalk offers a cosmopolitan experience with its footpath dinning. Although this kind of dinning is not unique elsewhere in Australia, we offer a different experience in Airlie Beach, from the fantastic view, the food, wine and service we certainly stand out from the rest. Lovers of good food, coffee and wine love SideWalk.
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I usually take friends and family visiting Airlie Beach to sidewalk café as I enjoy the setting, however my last two experiences we have had to wait quite a long time for food. However, I am happy to wait for a good meal. This morning is the worst experience I have ever had eating out. An order for a visiting friend came out incorrect, they made us wait an unreasonably long time (although telling us that the problem would be fixed) and when we asked why the food was taking so long refunded the money and told us it would be next up - in short the food never ended up coming as they never re-placed the order and told us that we wouldn't be served as we where making a "scene" refusing to serve our pregnant friend. Other people commented that they where not aware of the scene and the only scene that was made was due to lack of refusal to serve us. I will not be eating there again, nor will I be recommending them to other people visiting the Whitsundays. It is disappointing to see poor customer service in a town which thrives on tourism dollar and good word of mouth.

1  Thank kl85

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stopped in for Breakfast on a Saturday and were so happy we did!

The french toast was amazing, and the eggs benedict were the best! Great coffee. Very generous serves and reasonable prices (can be hard to find in Airlie Beach). It was very busy, but it didn't take too long to order, and our breakfast and drinks arrived pretty quickly considering how many people were in the cafe.

Unfortunately the roadworks did make the spot pretty noisy, and there's not much a view because of it, but would still go back.

1  Thank Lydia H
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We are currently living in Perth but lived also in Brisbane and Sydney. We spend a day on the mainland and decided to go for a late brunch into Sidewalk Cafe. It was the best breakfast ever and my wife is still talking about it. The staff is very friendly, the portions big and the price is good especially for a tourist area.

1  Thank Lee S
Reviewed June 11, 2013

So busy on the long weekend, but still fantastic cheerful service, and food was Awesome and very economical!!!!

1  Thank PeterColette
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I have been getting my Cappuccinos at Sidewalk for years and can honestly say that they are the best available... look forward to coming back after I have been on holidays just for the coffees ! I don't understand the bad reviews of this cafe, as I have always found the staff very friendly and helpful and the food good