“Disappointed with the old pancakes”

Sidewalk Cafe Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #21 of 104 Restaurants in Airlie Beach
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: When I think about Good Food, its about quality and value. After working in some of Australia best food establishments I have discovered making sure high quality standards are applied to the preparation, cooking and presentation of our menu is the key to its success. SideWalk offers a cosmopolitan experience with its footpath dinning. Although this kind of dinning is not unique elsewhere in Australia, we offer a different experience in Airlie Beach, from the fantastic view, the food, wine and service we certainly stand out from the rest. Lovers of good food, coffee and wine love SideWalk.
Caves Beach, Australia
“Disappointed with the old pancakes”
Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

Have been to Sidewalk many times before and always rated it but not this time.
The pancakes were old and didn't taste nice at all. The egg Benedict was like we had ordered a serving of Hollindaise sauce with an egg on the side. Overpowering and when its from a packet you really don't want that much holliandase.
The only thing enjoyable was the tea.
No water on table so had to ask for that.
Waiters was nice and friendly though so that that a positive but
Sidewalk you need to pick up your game.

• Visited May 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Qld
“Fabulous”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Always good food at reasonable prices. Nice casual atmosphere and great friendly staff. Keep coming back for more and are never disappointed.

• Visited May 2013
Perth, Australia
“Delicious breakfast”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Breakfast was delicious, and the waiters were super friendly. Food ad coffee took much longer than expected to come out, but it was so good we just kept going back!

• Visited April 2013
“Deplorable service. Upsetting experience.”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Went to the Sidewalk cafe for a Sunday morning brunch. Having waited 40 minutes for Muesli for 2 people the wrong dish was served. I approached the counter to explain and ask could we please have the item originally ordered. I was immediately told that I got what I ordered and that I was wrong. Taken aback by his response I again politely explained the dish I wanted- expecting there had been some simple confusion. The waiter told me I should have asked for it in a different way. I had ordered the same thing in the same way 3 days previously and gotten what I wanted - from the same waiter. He told me that it was my problem not his.
He finally agreed to give us our meal and asked for more money which I would have been happy to pay. I was also told we would go to the back of the line and wait again. I returned to my table while he shouted across the restaurant to his poor waitress to retrieve our meals. Confused, she approached our table, followed by the waiter who took the plates and suggested he refund us our money and we eat somewhere else- he stated; "That's what I would prefer" .
On leaving the restaurant he turned to the waitress and said within my earshot- " that's nothing to do with you, she ordered the wrong thing and is now blaming everyone else".
It baffles me how someone can be so extremely rude to another person for no reason- especially within the service industry. I simply asked for the correct meal.
This situation would have been easily remedied by agreeing to serve us our meal not by asking us to leave the restaurant. We left upset and without much of an appetite.

“Abominable”
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Expect to wait a long time for your food (45 mins for muesli), extremely curt and rude staff at the counter, poorly presented expensive food, and absolutely no sense of good service! I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy!