“Fabulous” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sidewalk Cafe

Sidewalk Cafe
Ranked #17 of 102 Restaurants in Airlie Beach
Cuisines: Cafe, Australian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Scenic view, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: When I think about Good Food, its about quality and value. After working in some of Australia best food establishments I have discovered making sure high quality standards are applied to the preparation, cooking and presentation of our menu is the key to its success. SideWalk offers a cosmopolitan experience with its footpath dinning. Although this kind of dinning is not unique elsewhere in Australia, we offer a different experience in Airlie Beach, from the fantastic view, the food, wine and service we certainly stand out from the rest. Lovers of good food, coffee and wine love SideWalk.
Qld
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

Always good food at reasonable prices. Nice casual atmosphere and great friendly staff. Keep coming back for more and are never disappointed.

• Visited May 2013

Perth, Australia
“Delicious breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

Breakfast was delicious, and the waiters were super friendly. Food ad coffee took much longer than expected to come out, but it was so good we just kept going back!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Deplorable service. Upsetting experience.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

Went to the Sidewalk cafe for a Sunday morning brunch. Having waited 40 minutes for Muesli for 2 people the wrong dish was served. I approached the counter to explain and ask could we please have the item originally ordered. I was immediately told that I got what I ordered and that I was wrong. Taken aback by his response I again politely explained the dish I wanted- expecting there had been some simple confusion. The waiter told me I should have asked for it in a different way. I had ordered the same thing in the same way 3 days previously and gotten what I wanted - from the same waiter. He told me that it was my problem not his.
He finally agreed to give us our meal and asked for more money which I would have been happy to pay. I was also told we would go to the back of the line and wait again. I returned to my table while he shouted across the restaurant to his poor waitress to retrieve our meals. Confused, she approached our table, followed by the waiter who took the plates and suggested he refund us our money and we eat somewhere else- he stated; "That's what I would prefer" .
On leaving the restaurant he turned to the waitress and said within my earshot- " that's nothing to do with you, she ordered the wrong thing and is now blaming everyone else".
It baffles me how someone can be so extremely rude to another person for no reason- especially within the service industry. I simply asked for the correct meal.
This situation would have been easily remedied by agreeing to serve us our meal not by asking us to leave the restaurant. We left upset and without much of an appetite.

“Abominable”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Expect to wait a long time for your food (45 mins for muesli), extremely curt and rude staff at the counter, poorly presented expensive food, and absolutely no sense of good service! I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy!

Marseille, France
“Best breakfast you will find in Down Under!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

Stayed a couple of days in the Whitsundays for a boat trip and found during a walk through the small town the little cafe at the esplanade.
Just wanted a coffee to begin with but after I saw the food, I had to order a second breakfast. It was incredible! Got completely hooked and went where every day. I travel twice around Australia but this will be forever my long time favorite! The prices are very good and the portions are exceptional. It's all fresh prepared and you definitely will taste it! A must spot if you are in Airlie!

• Visited November 2012