“the best steak I've ever had!!”

Village Cafe Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #9 of 105 Restaurants in Airlie Beach
Cuisines: Diner, Seafood, Australian, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Village Cafe Restaurant & Bar is located just off the main street of Airlie Beach which provides you with a quiet, comfortable and at dinner romantic venue, Located in front of the main walkway to Airlie Central, home to the new Woolworths store. Open 7 days a week for breakfast, lunch and dinner, (Kitchen operates 7:30am to 9:30pm daily). Fully licensed .... A wonderful place to sit, relax and enjoy wonderful food, great service and good music. Known for the best Coffee in the Whitsundays and home to the unique "Hot Rock" dinning experience, the highest quality steaks and the best ever seafood. Come for breakfast, back for lunch and again for dinner...... It's the best! & We also offer Icy Rocks, frozen Volcanic Rock serving Boutique Ice Cream ... This is as good as it gets! Come and enjoy our new modern Al fresco deck.
Reviewed November 8, 2013

amazing hot rock eye fillets and prawns! And the first place I've seen with ice rock :) love the friendly environment and family orientated staff, we felt very welcome.. Even came back for breaky and dinner the following day. Highly recommended and will be back :)

Village_Cafe_Rest, Owner at Village Cafe Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

I have to say I agree!!!! Thanks for coming back for every service!!!!!! Lawrence

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Had a splendid meal for my anneversary, I can recommend the hot stone menu. Nice and small restaurant with fresh ingredients, herbs and spices. If you love good food, you should definitely go here!

Great service, food and fresh … that is our goal. Thank you. Lawrence

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Shirley from Village Cafe arranged an exceptional night for myself and the hens party I was organising. We arrived for post dinner drinks and tapas, and were all blown away with the beautiful outdoor area that was sectioned off for us, as well as the extremely attentive service we received! As soon as we arrived we had sparkling in our hands and were presented with delicious platters featuring an array of desserts (mini sticky date puddings = AMAZO), cheese and fruit. We were even running a bit behind time but the staff at Village Cafe were most gracious and accommodating. I HIGHLY recommend this establishment for any function you may be planning. I can’t' wait to return!

Lucy.
Thank you, I am so glad you loved the table layout… look forward to seeing you again. Shirley

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Myself and my boyfriend had an awesome night with Alain"s 5 course French Classic dinner. The ambiance service and food are of a very high standard. I started with the Rum flavored chicken liver mousse pate which was the most delicious perfectly cooked meal I have every eaten!! The sea shells and scallops for entrée fantastic!!! followed by the Eye fillet so juice and tender, best steak ever and then the warm chocolate cake was a beautiful ending of the night!!
I thoroughly recommend Alain"s 5 course French Classic dinner to anyone who loves good authentic french food!!

1  Thank Pearls T

Pearls, thank you so much ….

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Had the 'hot rock' dining experience and ordered the eye fillet. I had a salad instead of the mash and i have to say nobody in airlie beach has eye fillet this amazing. U get to cook it yourself so you get it how you like it. The meat is top quality and it melts in your mouth. The gluten free chocolate cake, slightly warmed is also a fantastic dessert. Shirley, Lawrence and Sam-thanks for a great experience. Ally, great coffee making. Max and guys in the kitchen-you rule :-) I'll be back!