“......”

Village Cafe Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #13 of 111 Restaurants in Airlie Beach
Cuisines: Diner, Seafood, Australian, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Village Cafe Restaurant & Bar is located just off the main street of Airlie Beach which provides you with a quiet, comfortable and at dinner romantic venue, Located in front of the main walkway to Airlie Central, home to the new Woolworths store. Open 7 days a week for breakfast, lunch and dinner, (Kitchen operates 7:30am to 9:30pm daily). Fully licensed .... A wonderful place to sit, relax and enjoy wonderful food, great service and good music. Known for the best Coffee in the Whitsundays and home to the unique "Hot Rock" dinning experience, the highest quality steaks and the best ever seafood. Come for breakfast, back for lunch and again for dinner...... It's the best! & We also offer Icy Rocks, frozen Volcanic Rock serving Boutique Ice Cream ... This is as good as it gets! Come and enjoy our new modern Al fresco deck.
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Was really captivated by the look of this cafe it looked like it had a really cool chill vibe. The menu looked amazing heaps of options for everyone which is always good. The food itself was a little over priced for the quality of the food that did come out. Customer service was pretty average which really upsets me in cafes these days as that's what makes a good cafe is being served by happy vibrant waitress and waiters. Suss this place out for yourself as you can see on the other reviews it seemed to be like a happening place ! Maybe I caught the chefs and Waite staff on a average type of day!

Village_Cafe_Rest, Owner at Village Cafe Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2013

Glad you like the look and feel of the cafe/restaurant ... sorry the service did not meet expectations ... hey, I will look into it but to help could you drop me a mail or call to let me know more ... thanks, Lawrence 4946 5745

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Went to dinner on Easter Saturday to try the Hot Rocks Ive been eying off for months, so I talked my family to joining me in the experience. My partner ordered the Fajita's which he said he enjoyed, I orderd the eye fillet steak and when it came out on the hot rock i was excited to start cooking!! I enjoyed this hot rock experience and my steak was beautiful. the sides were minimal which i guess you can order extra if wanted.

We then tried the ICY rock, which is pretty much just like DIY Cold rock ice cream...you order your flavour and the mix in! I also really liked this experience.
The only let down of the atmosphere was the drunk loud people trying to get into magnums from the back swearing their heads off and what not. Feel sorry for the waitresses more than anything having to deal with that all the time...maybe should look into closing it off for dinner service?

Hi Thank you for the feedback ... glad you enjoyed the Hot rock and Icy Rock experience .... Fun! The music that nigh was from a band that was playing .... not a normal issue.. see you again

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Fantastic food and great service, a little pricey but what isn't these days. Hot rock lamb a must! Hidden behind the shops but was a great find for a late lunch.

Village_Cafe_Rest, Owner at Village Cafe Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Fantastic Food and Great Service ..... what more could we ask for!! Thanks heaps

Reviewed March 30, 2013

You need to look for the place as it sits a little way back from main restaurants. Great food. We both choose to cook our own food using Hot Rocks, a novelty for us. This is a marble slab extremely hot and you cut your meat choice and cook it to your own satisfaction. Helpful staff, and prompt service. Would definitely go back should I ever be in Airlie again.

James, thank you for the feedback. Glad you enjoyed the visit.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Me and a friend walked past the sign for this place on the high street and saw that they did hot rock steaks making it a must visit place while we were in Airlie. Went for dinner, I had the rib eye and my friend had the rump steak - both were excellent and very tender and came with really tasty sauce! The rib eye in particular was so lean - don't think I found one piece of fat on or in it and for less than $30 it must have been one of the best steaks I've had at that price! Service was good even when it started getting busy. The place is tucked in away from the main street (behind maccas) but definitely worth a visit - plus you get a 10% off key fob to use on your next visit, which seeing as they are open every day for brekkie, lunch and dinner, shouldn't be too much of a struggle! We will definitely be visiting for coffee or brekkie before we go!

Hi, Well you have us sussed out! Good food, good price, good service and with a free (so long as we like you:))) VIP card what a place!!! Glad you enjoyed it all and we hope to see you soon!!