“Lovely hostel!!!”

Nomads Airlie Beach Backpackers
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Paid for a double room upgrade, our room had a little kitchenette area with a fridge, great size bathroom! Very clean room!
Couldn't here the noise from the bar!

Had a great relaxed movie night on a big screen and free BBQ!

Had luggage storage for a small fee to use for whitsundays trips!!!!

Great hostel!

• Stayed: June 2013
NomadsAirlieBeachH, Manager at Nomads Airlie Beach Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Hi,

Thank you so much for giving us such a great review! We are glad you loved our hostel! If you know anyone heading to Airlie Beach, send them to us! We're glad you enjoyed our movie night, since the nearest cinema is over 45mins away we like that we have the biggest movie screen under the stars! We hope you enjoyed The Whitsundays and come back to see us again in the not so distant future!
Cherie

Reviewed June 27, 2013

This was one of the nicer Nomads that I've stayed at in Australia. Kitchen was pretty decent, and there was plenty of fridge space. Rooms were nice/new and there were ample plugs around. The set up of the hostel is nice, all the rooms encircle the pool.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
NomadsAirlieBeachH, Manager at Nomads Airlie Beach Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Hi!

Thank you so much for taking time out of your travels to let us know that you enjoyed your stay! We are glad that you enjoyed it and hope if you meet anyone heading our way you will reccommend us!
Enjoy th erest of your travels!

Reviewed June 23, 2013

This hostel is really really beautyful.
It has a beautyful room for backpackers. It looks like a small bungalow.
I stayed there nearly a week because it was so clean and beautyful.
When I came back from the whitsundays, I had bed bugs all over my body. I went to magnums and told that the staff there. The staff at magnums was so unfriendly. They just gave me $3 to put my clothes into the dryer to kill them. And the staff at magnums with the blonde curly hair said to me that I should shut up and don't show the bed bugs the world.

After that I checked in in nomads. I told that the manager at the reception that I got bed bugs all over the body. He said to us that we could swap the room and then they were so friendly to us. I think they bombed the room after we swapped.A nice lady came and looked everywhere even in my bag if I still have bed bugs and they washed all our clothes for free. They even dried it and gave us our clothes into our room! What a service!!!!
The staff was really helpful and nice there compared to magnums.
Thank you so much again!
Even if its not their fault that I got bed bugs bites all over my body!

• Stayed: June 2013
BASEBackpackerscrew, Guest Relations Manager at Nomads Airlie Beach Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2017

Hi there,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We really appreciate it.

Reviews give us the opportunity to pass on praise were your experience has been good and give us an opportunity to work on the bits that weren't up to standard.

We have taken on all your feedback and will hard to make sure we can offer the best customer experience in the future.

Hope the rest of your travels are spectacular.

Cheers,

Tom Cooney

Reviewed June 13, 2013

I've been traveling for 2 years around Australia and I have to say this hostel is like one of the best I ever been staying!
In september 2012 I had a few nights in one of their 8 share room.
My room was clean and the bathroom too.
There was the air conditioning and a fan.
My bed was quite comfy for a backpacker hostel.
The girls at the reception were very nice, friendly and helpful.
There is a beautiful green garden and a bar (but I haven't been to the bar).

My room was looking like a cool exotic cabana kinda, like inside the roof was in wood, it was a nice simple decoration.
And obviously the price, not the cheapest but still very affordable

I would DEFINITELY recommend this Hostel!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
NomadsAirlieBeachH, Assistant Manager at Nomads Airlie Beach Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Hello Thomas,

Thank you so much for taking time to write a review! We love the fact that even though you stayed back in September we left enough of a good impression on you to remember your stay! We are glad you loved our hostel, you will be pleased to know that since your stay with us we have gotten even better! We have expanded our lovely bar area so that more people can enjoy our tropical paradise! We also added a full size movie screen for our epic movie nights! Biggest screen in Airlie Beach! Spread the Nomads word and make sure you come back again and this time visit our bar, watch a movie and kick back! Thanks again! Cherie

Reviewed June 2, 2013

I stayed in Magnus before and had a look at other ones. I'm glad to have arrived in Nomads. The Bungalow I stayed in (8 people dorm) has a lot of space and a toilet, 2 showers and a room with a sink attached. Everything is very clean. So is the big kitchen. The bungalows are arranged in a huge circle with a pool in the middle and a bar on one side.

The computer that arranges the key cards didn't work on arrival - the manager Neithan gave me his number and told me to ring him at any time (day/night) in case no one is in the room to let me in - very professional !! Before the reception closed that day, the computer worked again and I got my keycard.

always again !!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank MSc255073

Hi there,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We really appreciate it.

Hope the rest of your travels are spectacular.

Cheers,

Tom Cooney

Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 days and thought the rooms were really nice and clean. The kitchen is too small for the size of the hostel and you have to pay $20 deposit for a knife fork spoon and cup which is a bit excessive. The staff were mostly helpful but a few times we were at reception and they wouldn't even acknowledge you were stood there until they had finished doing whatever they were doing. The hostel is on the main street so really good location for the lagoon etc however the greyhound bus stop is a good 15 - 20 min walk

• Stayed: May 2013
NomadsAirlieBeachH, Assistant Manager at Nomads Airlie Beach Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Hi Sophie,

Thank you so much for taking time out of your travels to review your stay with us. We are so glad you found our rooms to be clean and comfortable as that's what every hostel loves to hear ! As for the kitchen, we are aware that since our popularity as a backpackers has sky rocketed we definitely need to look into expanding our kitchen area to make it more of a pleasent, uncrowded experience for our guests, so if you ever come back this way we hope it looks different! As for the cutlery issue, unfortunately due to theft and daily complaints of no cutlery in our kitchen we had to put a price on it (for now) We are however, in the process of organising bags and whole sets for our guests to look after during their stay for hopefully a lesser amount. So watch this space! Enjoy the rest of your travels and hopefully we will see you back here again in the not so distant future! Cherie

Reviewed May 18, 2013

1 of the frontdesk Irish female staff was so rude, not sure if she knows but Aussie like good service. We stayed in campground
And the portable toilets and showers not really that clean if you could find one that works, either the doors didnt lock the showers didn't work or there was no taps to turn on shower. Then to top it off there was alot of drunken threatening behavior all night. There was no pamphlet or phone numbers given when checking in. I must say that Matt at front desk was helpful and gave great customer service

• Stayed: May 2013
NomadsAirlieBeachH, Assistant manager at Nomads Airlie Beach Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Thank you for feedback.
We're very happy that you found one of our staff members helpful, with great customer service skills, we'll be sure to pass that on to him. We will always try and provide our guests with a high standard of customer service whatever nationality they are, after all that's why we all love working in our hostel. We're very sorry that there was no work available at our hostel for you when you requested it and that we could not accommodate you for our Sunday session entertainment but as you can imagine we have lots requests on a daily basis and we try and give everyone a fair opportunity!
Our camping facilities are permanent prefab style facilities toilets within the grounds of our hostel. These facilities get cleaned regularly, however sometimes the permanent toilet and shower blocks can become a little dirty after customers use them due to the high volume of people we have staying with us and unfortunately we can't be there 24 hours a day to clean up after each use. Our maintenance man regularly fixes anything that might be broken and all showers have working taps and locks (admittedly there are a couple that are currently missing the hot and cold symbol, but these are due to be replaced this week).
All 'paying' customers are given information about the hostel when they check-in and there are signs with telephone numbers for security posted all over the property. We avoid giving out 'pamphlets' as we're trying to reduce the amount of unnecessary waste and keep our hostel 'green', friends of our paying guests who come to visit are not specifically given this information, which is probably why you were not aware of our security on site.
We do have security onsite between 10pm and 4am and any backpackers causing trouble due to their drunk or boisterous behaviour are warned of their behaviour and risk being asked to leave, or in more serious cases security will call the police. I can guarantee that if you stayed at our property you would have a much nicer opinion of our Hostel and our staff.