“Great location good value”

Waterview Airlie Beach
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights and really enjoyed our stay. The service was friendly and informative. We had great views of the town and the sea from our balcony. The room was clean and had all the things we needed to make our own meals after buying ingredients from the short stroll into the main street. The return is probably a bit harder for older folk, with steep stairs connecting the main street to this cul-der-sac, followed by a steep driveway. Anyway, it will only take 5 mins, so not really an issue for most. Otherwise great location and coach buses will pick up from here if you're booking a cruise. Bottom line - The tv in the room was small and there were some tacky paintings on the wall, but who cares when you're only 5 mins from where the action is and your room is comfy.

Room Tip: Not too sure, but it looks like some apartment balconies may have their views obstructed by other pa...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We had a one night stay at the Waterview Apartments after a week sailing. The location is great, a short walk to the main strip of Airlie Beach. The check in was quick, easy and the manager Bill was very helpful and friendly. The room a studio, was clean and comfortable. The price was great. For a short stay this apartment was wonderful. The view over the harbour at Airlie from the verandah was beautiful.

Room Tip: We had apartment 5 which is up a set of stairs so not for those with disabilities.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 15, 2013

My name is Peter and I stayed at Waterview Airlie Beach for 3 nights and I must say that I was impressed the moment I arrived. I pressed the door bell to check-in and Evan answered it promptly. He was very patient with me as I asked a lot of questions about what to do and how to get around Airlie Beach. In a short 5 minutes, I got to know where are the best eats in town, where to get cheap groceries, and how to take the public bus to explore outside Airlie Beach,

The location of the accommodation is superb! The main street of Airlie Beach is just at my doorstep. Less than 5 minutes of walking was all it took to get to the main street where all the shops and food outlets are. The bus stops is also a less than 5 minutes walk,

More importantly, my jaw dropped when Evan led me to the room. The view was stunning! As the room is on a slope of the hill, I could overlook the marina and the main street. It was almost paradise. I spent a while on the balcony admiring the awesome view.

I would definitely come back to Waterview Airlie Beach if I were to go Airlie Beach again. And that is a given.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
WaterviewAirlieBeach, Owner at Waterview Airlie Beach, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Hi Peter,
Thank you so very much for a wonderful review...very much appreciated. At Waterview our number one priority is YOU and we aim to make sure you have a fantastic time here in the Whitsundays. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again sometime.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stayed 3 nights in one of Waterview studio apartments. The accommodation was very clean and fully equipped. We enjoyed the stunning view from the terrace and while being within a few minutes walking distance from the heart of Airlie Beach. The friendliness of the staff made our stay even less forgettable and we could book touristic tours directly from the office.
We definitely recommend staying at Waterview to anyone who wants to make a trip to Airlie Beach a great one!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I stayed at water view for 5 nights as I was attending my nephews wedding. I was all that it said it was. Ideal location, clean and bright, the view from the apartments are fantastic. The rest of my family stayed in other accomodation not far from me, I made the better choice as they weren't told they had a big hill to walk up to get to their accomodation. The owner Bill couldn't have been more helpful even offering to drive me to my family. I would highly recommend waterveiw apartments.

Room Tip: Any rooms facing the beach front.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2013

When we arrived, Bill (the host) gave us a warm welcome and a brief orientation. He even made the effort to sketch a map for us which we appreciated very much. Our room is a self-contained studio apartment that was clean and cosy, with a view of the beautiful sea ('v'). Very good location because there are many eateries and bars around (just 5 minute walk from the apartment). We had a great stay and will definitely recommend Waterview to our friends.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2013

My partner and I stayed 2 nights in a studio apartment and could not have wished for better accommodation. The location was excellent as we could sit out on the balcony and get views of the bay and the main street. I found the host to be very helpful, the apartment was clean, modern and had good facilities.I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple