“Great Skins!”

Ranked #18 of 113 Restaurants in Airlie Beach
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: KC's Grill & Bar is an iconic restaurant situated in the Heart of Airlie Beach's Main Street. Locally owned and managed for over 30yrs. Relaxed atmosphere, friendly service staff and great music every night of the week. Catering to the local trade and travelling tourist. All ages are welcome! No cover charge ever.
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Tastiest crispest veggie potatoe skins (butternut squash and cheese) that I`ve ever eaten, and such lovely waitresses too!

Reviewed January 17, 2013

We went to this place on a Wednesday night and trying to get seated was a nightmare. No one was there to seat us and we had to wait at the bar for about 10 minutes before we got someone attention. We moved seats about 3 times to better suit us.

To order the food, was pretty much the same story - having to get there attention after half an hour to place our order.

I guess i should have ordered a steak. I had the scollop salad and it was disgusting. The scollops were cold and were the yucky cheap frozen ones. I felt sick after eating it. The hubby got a steak which he said was okay except it had a lot of grissle and fat.

Trying to pay was another mission, would have been easier to just walk off. No one would look at us and one of the waiters palmed us off to another girl who was also busy.

Not an enjoyable first meal in Airlie Beach

EF. xx

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Steak was amazing - I had Steak princess & my husband had the rib on the bone & he could not get through it!!! ! Entertainment was great! Can recommend

Reviewed January 9, 2013

My husband and I were on holiday in Airlie Beach in December, and we went to KC's for lunch twice while we were there. He wanted to try the kangaroo and crocodile, which he ended up loving, especially with the delicious sauce they put on the meat. I had a steak sandwich which was HUGE and cooked perfectly. The second time I had the steak special which was also delicious. We also absolutely loved the salad and chips that came with the meals. I wish I could go back and eat them again, but considering we live in Los Angeles, it'll probably be awhile. I need a recipe for that salad dressing, and the chips were seasoned perfectly. Definitely go, but make sure you're hungry!

Reviewed January 8, 2013

This is the place to go if you want a decent sized meal for a reasonable price. They serve up a great steak and the service is excellent.