“Best food in Airlie Beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of KC's Grill & Bar

KC's Grill & Bar
Ranked #15 of 102 Restaurants in Airlie Beach
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Bar, Australian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: KC's Grill & Bar is an iconic restaurant situated in the Heart of Airlie Beach's Main Street. Locally owned and managed for over 30yrs. Relaxed atmosphere, friendly service staff and great music every night of the week. Catering to the local trade and travelling tourist. All ages are welcome! No cover charge ever.
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Best food in Airlie Beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

My husband and I were on holiday in Airlie Beach in December, and we went to KC's for lunch twice while we were there. He wanted to try the kangaroo and crocodile, which he ended up loving, especially with the delicious sauce they put on the meat. I had a steak sandwich which was HUGE and cooked perfectly. The second time I had the steak special which was also delicious. We also absolutely loved the salad and chips that came with the meals. I wish I could go back and eat them again, but considering we live in Los Angeles, it'll probably be awhile. I need a recipe for that salad dressing, and the chips were seasoned perfectly. Definitely go, but make sure you're hungry!

• Visited December 2012

Melbourne, Australia
“Excellent in every way”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

This is the place to go if you want a decent sized meal for a reasonable price. They serve up a great steak and the service is excellent.

Visited December 2012
Melbourne, Australia
“Good solid pub type meals”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

Good food, efficient and friendly service. Had dinner for 4 (two of them teenage boys), didn't break the bank and the bys walked away full! They do a very good steak and the prawn salad was huge!

Visited December 2012
Caloundra, Australia
“SHOCKING”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

I came here with 8 friends hoping for a good meal. The sign out the front says 'steakhouse' followed by the word 'specialists'.

Obviously I was expecting a good steak here. I ordered a Reef and Beef Medium Rare, The reef part was one prawn, two slivers of calamari and a scallop. I paid $40 for this.

I cut into my 'Medium Rare' steak and it was close to well done, I asked my guests if any of the minded if I complained as I had paid $40 for this meal. My friend next to me had ordered a medium steak and it was well done.

I called the waitress over and said politely 'my steak is medium well, I ordered medium rare, could I swap this for a medium rare. She looked at it and said "ughhhh, no, thats medium rare'. My friend then showed her his well done and said "and this is medium then?'. She said "Yuuuuuup" and walked off.

NOTE: I am a steak chef, I cook 150 odd steaks on a busy night. I know this was not medium rare. I also know a kitchen will put out a bad meal but if a customer trys to bring this to your attention, do not try to convince me that I am wrong.

I ate my steak which was tough and chewy, obviously a budget cut. When we asked for the bill she then rolled her eyes and went to get it.

Worst restaurant I have ever experienced.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank 245Frank
Cannonvale, Australia
“Much too variable”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

It's possible to have a perfectly nice meal at KCs but there is a fairly high chance that your meal will be edible rather than enjoyable, much hit and miss for my liking. Great atmosphere - go for a drink, don't eat.

Visited February 2012