“Good solid pub type meals”
Review of KC's Grill & Bar

KC's Grill & Bar
Ranked #21 of 114 Restaurants in Airlie Beach
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: KC's Grill & Bar is an iconic restaurant situated in the Heart of Airlie Beach's Main Street. Locally owned and managed for over 30yrs. Relaxed atmosphere, friendly service staff and great music every night of the week. Catering to the local trade and travelling tourist. All ages are welcome! No cover charge ever.
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Good food, efficient and friendly service. Had dinner for 4 (two of them teenage boys), didn't break the bank and the bys walked away full! They do a very good steak and the prawn salad was huge!

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I came here with 8 friends hoping for a good meal. The sign out the front says 'steakhouse' followed by the word 'specialists'.

Obviously I was expecting a good steak here. I ordered a Reef and Beef Medium Rare, The reef part was one prawn, two slivers of calamari and a scallop. I paid $40 for this.

I cut into my 'Medium Rare' steak and it was close to well done, I asked my guests if any of the minded if I complained as I had paid $40 for this meal. My friend next to me had ordered a medium steak and it was well done.

I called the waitress over and said politely 'my steak is medium well, I ordered medium rare, could I swap this for a medium rare. She looked at it and said "ughhhh, no, thats medium rare'. My friend then showed her his well done and said "and this is medium then?'. She said "Yuuuuuup" and walked off.

NOTE: I am a steak chef, I cook 150 odd steaks on a busy night. I know this was not medium rare. I also know a kitchen will put out a bad meal but if a customer trys to bring this to your attention, do not try to convince me that I am wrong.

I ate my steak which was tough and chewy, obviously a budget cut. When we asked for the bill she then rolled her eyes and went to get it.

Worst restaurant I have ever experienced.

2  Thank 245Frank
Reviewed January 3, 2013

It's possible to have a perfectly nice meal at KCs but there is a fairly high chance that your meal will be edible rather than enjoyable, much hit and miss for my liking. Great atmosphere - go for a drink, don't eat.

Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

We had lunch at KC's and the food was great. Nachos with the lot was fantastic, plenty of guacamole and sour cream, and actual sliced of steak! So big I couldn't get through it all.
Chicken Parma was also great, a real chicken breast and not a frozen slab of processed meat, and a very fresh salad.
Friendly chatty staff, and plenty of interesting memorabilia and bits and pieces to keep you amused!

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Beautiful food and drinks and very very fast service. Having spent alot of time recently in Airlie Beach we were delighted to find this place and have now eaten here several times and have since returned with family and friends to show them just what Airlie has to offer. Located in a top spot (on the main street) and with fantastic atmosphere. Tip: Great later on in the evening around 9pm as there is live music. We really enjoyed ourselves Thank-you.