“Colonial Palms motor inn restaurant”

The Colonial Palms Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 105 Restaurants in Airlie Beach
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Could not quite believe what we ate. Just fantastic! I do not claim to be a Michelin connoisseur, however, I know good food as a keen home chef. What a totally wonderful surprise in a very touristy place. So good we went a second night, left the car and made the short walk from town to enjoy a bottle of wine (and would have gone again should we have stayed another night). Bernie and John great front of house hosts. We ate; oysters, half a dozen of each, fresh, beautiful. Tapas, interesting and unique selection, mouthwatering! Wonton soup, just yum. Steak, the best in years. Duck, exquisite. Fish OMG. Lamb shank, delicious. No room for anything else. If I went back to Airlie, I would probably stay here too. These guys have worked hard to overhaul an older property in a very tasteful way and invested in a great chef. Great job, I wish them all the luck in the world x

Reviewed September 10, 2013

After reading reviews on Tripadvisor and realising this resturant was within walking distance from our campsite we thought we would try it. When I booked I was told there could be a wait as there was a party of 32 in that night, but I said that was no problem. Thank goodness I did because the food was excellent. The tapas tasting plate was yummy. I had the duck because of some reviews on here and I was not dissapointed. My husband said the battered Red Emporer was perfectly cooked and one of the nicest he had tasted. We finished off with the chocolate fudge cake which was heavenly. There was no wait at all and Bernie, the waiter was really attentive and friendly. I would recomend it to anyone and I'm only sorry we found this delightful place on our last night

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Great meals and nothing was any trouble. John and Bernie are very friendly hosts who cater to your every need, and make you feel very welcome. would definitely go again.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I recently spent a few days at Airlie Beach and had the good fortune to eat at this restaurant on several occasions. Each time the meal was delicious and beautifully presented. The outstanding hospitality shown by the owners, Bernie, Phoebe, John and Bridget was superior to any I have encountered before in many years of travel, here and overseas.
I hope to stay at Colonial Palms in the future and have no hesitation in recommending it to others.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Following the reviews for all the restaurants in Airlie Beach, we were both hanging out for a good steak. We were not disappointed. This restaurant, located at the Best Western Colonial Motor Inn served up the best meal we have had for a while. Given that we travel for our work, we eat out regularly. A must was the Oysters with Wasabi Mayonnaise as a starter. They were so fresh and delicious. The highlight though was the Eye Fillet Steak, cooked to perfection and so tender, you could have cut it with a butter knife. There was a true peppercorn jus which accompanied it and topped off the flavours. We will definitely return. Thanks to John and Bernie for your fabulous service and credit to the kitchen.