“Fun night”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Australia
“Fun night”
Reviewed August 29, 2011

I haven't eaten a lot of mexican style food previously but really enjoyed Cactus Jacks. There was a large function being held nearby and the staff were really busy but still looked after us. The servings are large and we shared all the dishes - enjoyed the onion rings, chilli dip, and tasting plate along with a jug of sangria. They do charge extra for chilli if you like your food hot though! I would definitely return.

• Visited August 2011

“I've been there once now - I won't go back.”
Reviewed August 25, 2011

We ordered Chicken Nacho's as starters as we were starving after driving from Cairns, we asked for no beans - but were given lots of them. The Nachos were average at best and the cheese on them was hard when it came out - something told me that they had been sitting on the hot plate for a while. My bf ordered a chicken wrap which came out warm and I ordered a Quesidilla which came out piping hot?!! My dish was nice but it was a shame that we had to wait a very long time for drinks etc. We had to constantly try and catch the eye contact of the waitress to get any service.
As I love Airlie Beach and I will be back - I won't go back to Cactus Jacks.

• Visited August 2011
Queenstown, New Zealand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best cocktails in the Whitsundays”
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Each year we cruise north to the famous Whitsunday Islands (named by Capt. James Cook in 1770) and base our vessel at Airlie Beach for 3 months. Cactus Jacks' barmen make the best margaritas and maitais. Try the 'Godzilla margarita'. It's TDF! Sitting outside, looking across the bay to Hayman and Hook Islands in the distance, with one of these babies in hand, is pretty cruisy! They do Happy Hour from 5:30pm to 7:30pm also.
Definately worth a visit (or two)!

• Visited July 2011
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Awesome Mexican by the beach!”
Reviewed August 2, 2011

Great food, great cocktails, great atmosphere, great service and an extensive menu! Also great value for money!

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank nzkiwicouple
“Great hot food”
Reviewed July 23, 2011

The service in my opinion was as service should be. I went with friends and we all ordered different things and shared between us, as we could not resist the variety. Over all it was a great experience for me, will definitely visit again.

• Visited July 2011