“Excellent tour!”

and up
Whitsunday Crocodile Safari including Lunch
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Whitsunday Crocodile Safari is a safe, all-weather nature excursion which can take you to see crocodiles in the wild in the Whitsundays. Whitsunday Crocodile Safari has been operating for 15 years and is a family owned and professionally operated tour which guarantees excellent customer service and a memorable nature experience for our guests. Cruise the calm waters of Proserpine River and watch crocodiles in their natural habitat as you experience a mangrove ecosystem. Explore Goorganga Plains on a tractor-drawn wagon train and discover the vegetation and wildlife in a freshwater wetland habitat. A huge barbecue lunch, traditional billy tea and damper, professional expert commentary from local experienced guides and courtesy bus transfers are all included with your tour. Whitsunday Crocodile Safari is a Green Travel Leader and has held Advanced Certification with Ecotourism Australia since 2002.
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Family of four (kids 11,13 years). Very knowledgeable and
funny guide. Heaps of large crocs. But the guide also told us about
other aspects of the local flora, fauna and history.
Very informative, interesting and memorable tour.
During our 3-week Queensland holiday, this was our #1 tour!

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Before I say anything the guys that run this tour are so passionate and truley love what they do! But the tour itself was just alright, I have been on a crocodile tour before in australia and it was nothing like the first time, I was expecting to see huge crocodiles swimming near the boat but unfortunatly we only saw 2 females which werent that big and some babies near the shore. Because of the time of year( mating season) they arent really on the shore which makes them really hard to track down. We did learn alot of info though about crocodiles.. but it was non stop talking,,
After the tour we had a great lunch! If you like to eat you will not leave hungry! I didnt like that all the food was thrown out after though.. They had enough food for 20 people but there was only a small group of us. After lunch we went on a tractor ride in the bush..
Lets just say if you dont like learning about birds and plants for 2 hours you will not enjoy it! I was hoping to see a few snakes or something but saw one wallabe and plants that all looked the same.. I know they are trying to make it a full day thing but they could definetly do without the tractor ride. We were pretty bored near the end. Im glad we got to see a few crocs but it wasnt amazing

2  Thank Hayley K
Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

This tour was absolutely amazing. Booked it with Jacqui and arranged a pick up time. They were running a little late but Jacqui took the time to ring me and let me know and apologized. When we got out there, we were greeted by Steve and Scotty and the day turned from fun to amazing and interesting!! There was great humour and we saw so many different sizes of Crocodiles from massive 4m crocs to tiny little baby ones. Steve had the best eyes ever and I'm so glad we did this. We came back for lunch and there was so much of it I almost needed a nap afterwards I was so full!! Then we went for a tour with Scotty around the Goorganga wetlands and found out so many interesting facts about the area, the animals, the aboriginals and just everything!! This tour was fantastic and I wouldn't hesitate recommending it to anyone! It was funny, educational, interesting, and different from anything else the Whitsundays offers! Thankyou so much for the great day!

Reviewed October 1, 2012

This trip was a wonderfully relaxing trip for my family, who were visiting from overseas. Our guide, Col, was VERY knowledgeable, both about the plants, environment and wildlife as well as the crocodiles themselves. The morning wagon ride was a little long for my tastes, but was very informative. We saw a couple of wallabies (or kangaroos?) and a few other wild animals. The afternoon crocodile safari was good, but unfortunately we were only able to get close to a few crocodiles - however this was not the fault of the tour guides. We did get some great photos of the crocs we did get close to, so that was great :).
The morning damper tea was delicious, and the buffet lunch provided a great variety of tasty foods.
Overall, the tour was very enjoyable, and I would certainly recommend it to anyone staying in the area!

Reviewed September 22, 2012

This is probably one of the most informative tours we have taken. Steve appeared to know everything about the area and its wildlife. We were picked up at our hotel in Airlie Beach.
We took the croc safari first. We took the boat (with shade) up and down the river. We saw crocodiles almost immediately! Steve knew them all by name, he knew where they liked to hang around. He provided us with humour, facts and information. We were in the boat for about 2 hours and we saw so may crocs, from huge ones to tiny babies!

After a fabulous barbecue lunch under shade, with salads, steak, sausage, chicken & fish, we took a trip around the surrounding grasslands, wetlands and bush in a tractor pulling a train of 4 covered carriages, Before it was time to go home, we were given bush tea and delicious "damper". (bread freshly baked in a pot).

We really enjoyed our day at the Crocodile Safari and would highly recommend it.