“Loved it.”

Airlie Beach Motor Lodge
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Airlie Beach
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Great place. Lovely hospitality. Good location as it is walking distance to shops, pubs and restaurants. Very welcoming feel. Would definitely recommend a stay here. Our only disappointment is that we couldn't stay longer. Cheers

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We loved our stay here. The only reason I did not give it a five is because it is not a 5 star hotel. However, it was a great place to stay and better than it's 3 1/2 star rating. The rooms were very clean......not one bug/insect. I know it is July but I do not like any type of bug/insect in my room....I know who does ! But it is something I am always worried about. I was told that I would not like Australia because of the 'animals', however, except for 2 geckos by the pool (which I actually like ??) I have not seen any creatures anywhere near any of our hotels. This hotel is in a great location, especially for the lagoon, as well as for the Main Street. There is a small 20 second hill back but 2x I carried my backpack and a 6 pack of beer. It was not bad. On the other side of the city there is a much steeper hill. We were going to stay there but the hill and the lagoon helped us make our decision. Also, Karen at the front desk was AMAZING ! She was very helpful and had lots do advice....we only wish we could have gone to the beach she recommended. The pool area was pretty good however you only get the morning sun and the lagoon is so great it doesn't matter. All in all a great place and I would recommend it to any of my family/friends.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Wonderful and hearty welcome. Beautiful room with view over the ocean. Staff really love dogs and make them completely welcome. Karen booked great trip for us on the reef and also organized a mobile dog wash to visit for our dog. Great facilities including BBQ, pool, beautiful garden etc etc. we loved our stay.

Room Tip: Ask for ocean view
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 989Peter
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I stayed for extended period of time (months) an couldn't ask for better service. Just as important is the kind hearted people who own an manage the property. I can honestly say I've never felt more welcome. Best stay I've had an hopefully myself an the owners will keep in contact.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank darrensargent
Reviewed April 24, 2013

This motel is located a short walk from the main street and the attractive swimming lagoon at Airlie Beach. The motel units are suitable for short or long stays. The rooms were clean, the over bath shower had good water flow and the TV worked well.

Reception staff were friendly and very helpful, contributing to a homely atmosphere.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Arkense
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed here for one night in April 2013. Karen at reception was really helpful, as we where there for only the day she recommended the best places to see. Take a stroll along The Bicentennial Boardwalk it is a pleasant 3.7km walk around Airlie Beach. The room was very comfortable and clean with kitchenette, air conditioning and a ceiling fan. Very reasonably priced too.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KarenWSurrey
Reviewed April 13, 2013

My family - five adults and three children stayed here for two nights and can honestly say the rooms were spotless, fresh and not a speck of dust in sight (I'm fussy). We were greeted by charming staff and given a carton of fresh milk. The bed sheets white and crisp, bathroom/toilet cleaned to a very high standard and eveything you needed in the kitchenette including tea and coffee, tea towel and washing up liquid The Motor Lodge is situated just a short walk from the town (5 minutes) so is very peaceful. Fully air conditioned and a ceiling fan. We were just visiting Airlie Beach for one night and was so impressed we stayed for an extra night.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
at Waterfront Whitsunday Retreat
Airlie Beach Hotel
Airlie Beach Hotel
#4 of 10 in Airlie Beach

Been to Airlie Beach Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!