“Sensational”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Brisbane, Australia
“Sensational”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Very nice food great outlook too although the decor is a bit dated. We went to Shipwrecked twice as we enjoyed it so much the first time. If you are into your seafood this is the place to go on Airlie Beach - we were recommended Shipwrecked by a friend and very glad we knew about it!
The staff were great very efficient! The only downside was I did not want the creamy sauce on the snapper I had and had to ask for a piece of lemon to squeeze over the fish instead it should have been on the plate anyway. Would certainly eat here again

• Visited February 2013

Sydney, Australia
“Gorgeous food! Avg decor. Great location.”
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

After reading the reviews here, can't help but wonder if some competitors are playing dirty, either that, or the staff go troppo sometimes, (pretty common in north qld).

My wife managed a 5 star, fine dining restaurant in Europe, a real foodie, a sharp critic & she just loved the Penang Seafood curry! I had the Skippers Seafood Pot & nearly went back and ordered it again the next night (we only stayed 2 nights). Both servings were quite generous & only a glutton could complain.

The service was excellent, friendly & non intrusive. The location is hard to beat! The only negative I'd say is that for a themed restaurant it's only half baked, it wouldn't take much to improve it a lot eg; paint the ceiling & cover it with an old fishing net. I'd still go back as the food was great! We did Cactus Jacks the second night & found it roughly on par with Shipwrecked.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bugs”
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Out of 6 nights in Airlie Beach we had 3 times dinner at this place - any more comments needed? Great food, place and service, being recognised and felt welcome, try the Moreton Bay Bugs!

1 Thank Bigiphone
Melbourne, Australia
“Disappointing meals”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Nicole and Keith must get special treatment with there meals because i was very disappointed with my meal.

I ordered the panang seafood curry and it was terrible. It had barely any seafood in it and it just didn't taste nice. My hubby got fish that was heavily crumbed and didn't taste that good either. Maybe we just ordered the wrong thing but when i got the bill for our $120.00 dinner, I wish that we had of eaten somewhere else.

The restaurant was pretty empty all night and they were starting to pack up as we were leaving - 9pm.

I won't be eating here again.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank europefein
smuts22, Manager at Shipwrecked Seafood and Bar, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Sorry you didn't enjoy your visit europfein. We're a little mystified as to what your husband had. The only crumbed fish available at dinner is on the childrens' menu @ $11.50 and we have been through every docket from that night, and the night before, can find no order of curry and a crumbed fish for the same table.

The curry has fish, scallops, bugs and prawns in a Malaysian spice mix that is imported from Penang and can't be bought here. It's different to Thai. If the bill was $120 there must have been plenty more because the curry is $30.

It's quite normal in a tourist town like Airlie for it to be quiet at this time in January. Numbers drop off after the holiday period when people go home and back to work. One normally busy restaurant in town had only one customer earlier in the week.
Looe, United Kingdom
“Rude staff and rubbish food.......”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

We expected some top quality sea food and the write ups in the menu sound fantastic.
The reality was over cooked fish and bugs that were as tough as old boots. The young waitress was friendly but the older one was a right misery.
When I paid the bill I told the older one of my disappointment with the quality of the food but she couldn't have cared less. It was a case of "we've got your money now move on".
It was expensive even if the food had lived up to its write up, but that money for that food, forget it.
Keep away.