“Beautifully cooked fish and yummy rum cocktails”
Review of Fish d'vine

Fish d'vine
Ranked #4 of 105 Restaurants in Airlie Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

We were recommended to Fish D'vine by Whitsunday Fishing Charters. Having dropped off our catch from the day, we returned an hour later to be served our fish beautifully cooked three ways. It was one if the best meals I have had and it will stay in my memory for a long time, particularly since my son and I had caught the fish ourselves that morning. My wife and I also had a Dark and Stormy rum cocktail which was superb.....I'd love to return without the kids and sample a few more drinks off the cocktail list!

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Love this place, service, food, friendly... Feels like family. Get the Fisherman's Bucket if your hungry. A+++ all around!

Reviewed March 27, 2014

When the front desk manager at the Boathouse Apartments suggested this place, we smiled and headed right to it! What a surprise! We had come early to eat and sat at a table on the corner street side. One leisurely reads the beverage list or better yet, walks to the bar to see the extensive beers. The fish market is on the left side of the restaurant. One orders their fish from the market. I wanted to try a meaty and middy tasting Baramunde
(spelling?), a locally caught fish and an Aussie favorite. My partner ordered the milder thread fish. Each dish was distinct and the sauces brought out the unique taste of the fish. We enjoyed the fish and the accompanying veggies. The host was funny and knowledgeable as well as the bar staff. Our dishes came to our table hot so we savored eat bite. This place is fairly expensive but the freshness of the fish and its quality makes Fish Divine a good value. If we could have stayed in Airlie Beach longer, we would have been back the next night!

Reviewed March 25, 2014

I'm not big on fish and chips anyway. However I've been to some beautiful fish and chip places before. This in comparison was average. Nothing seems to be grilled, just battered or crumbed, then fried. No healthy choices here, but if you're not looking for that it's fine.

fishyd, Owner at Fish d'vine, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2014

Hi and sorry you did not enjoy the café as much as most people do. Not sure about your menu comments as to everything being battered or crumbed as of the 27 items on the menu we only have 1 battered and 2 crumbed (one of these in Panko and Herb mix). Dishes include pastas and thai curries, grilled Mackerel and Atlantic Salmon, baked Threadfin, BBq'd prawns and Chilli or Black Pepper crab, seafood platters of both hot and cold assortment, but, as you mentioned, maybe you ordered not to your taste. Sorry again and hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay in Airlie Beach.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Visited on a recommendation from TripAdvisor and we were not disappointed. My Chili Mud Crab and my partners fish were well presented and well cooked. Topped off with a drink from the Rum Bar, our experience was well worth the visit. I would highly recommend the Chili Mud Crab.