“Disgraceful amount of noise”

Searene Whitsundays
Brosbane
“Disgraceful amount of noise”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

Stayed on the first floor for 2 nights before moving out to another accomodation facility due to spending 2 nights listening to people walking,stamping, moving furniture from the upstairs apartment...if you want a quiet place to enjoy the views, don't even bother with this one unless your on the top floor.

Room Tip: Don't pay for anything other than a top floor apartment
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Timothy M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2012

We're just back from a two night stay at Airlie Beach staying at Searene Apartments. We booked a studio apartment with a spa on the balcony and could not have been happier! The views were terrfic - sitting in the spa with a glass of bubbly watching the sun set magic!
The apartment was well laid out with all the necessary touches to make it an enjoyable and relaxing stay. I'd recommend it to anyone going to Airlie Beach and don't be put off by the climb up to the apartments, it seems all of Airlie's accomodation is built on a hillside!
Carol

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Townsville, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2012

These apartments are located in a fantastic spot, providing amazing views. We found the male caretaker very helpful, did not have anything to do with the female. However, the unit we stayed in wasnt clean, the floors inside & out dirty and the lounge & chairs very stained to the point I put rugs from the cupboards over them to sit down. The shower had some mould build up and there wasnt any toilet paper on arrival!? The rug in lounge room was also dirty & stained. We also had empty gas bottles, which was rectified within a day. I think based purely on the uncleanliness of the unit I wouldnt stay here again, aside from that location great.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tracka16
Melbourne Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2011

We have stayed in many resorts in Australia and overseas. Searene is the worst we have experienced. Had a fantastic location overlooking Airlie Beach. After traveling all day we found the reception desk unmanned (this was at about 4:30pm) and unable to gain access to the unit. After several phone calls to the "manager" we gained access.
Being a 2 bedroom self catering unit, the standard of equipment was extremely poor and very basic. Throughout the week the towel rack in the ensuite fell off and not fixed. The BBQ bottle ran out of gas and we were told it was responsibility to refill!! Well pigs may fly!! After further negotiation a bottle from the complex storage area arrive. It was also empty! Another telephone call and it was delivered a few hours later.
If I owned a unit in this complex as an investment I would change the aite management!

Room Tip: Try somewhere else!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank HoorooImOff
seareneholidays, Manager at Searene Whitsundays, responded to this review, January 3, 2012
Thank you for your feedback.
As mentioned on the confirmation letter Searene does not have onsite management therefore the reception is never open.
The problem in gaining access was due to discrepancy of the two different mobile numbers given.
We have changed our policy on the BBQ gas bottles, we apologise for the inconvenience this may have caused.
We provide a basic set of utensils for every apartment but obviously we cannot cater for the wimps of all.

Regards,
Management
brisbane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2011

absolutely loved the apartment.very quiet and close enough to town to walk to the main venues.the room was unreal as were the views,breathtaking from every area of the apartment,from the jacuzzi to the bed.the staff were so helpfull and knew the surrounding area so well.will be looking forward to my next stay here.....

Room Tip: had a room with the best views from anywhere in the apartment,from the jacuzzi through to the bedroo...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Gold Coast
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2011

I booked a two week stay at Serene Apartments. I should have known from my first phone conversation with the less than desirable management that my stay with them was also going to be less than desirable. (but management wasn't going to be onsite, how bad could it be right? Wrong! )When I arrived, the room smelt terrible. Some idiot had tried to water the fake pot plants and the water had run into the extremely thick shag carpet on the floor. I did not complain about it but did try asking to cancel my stay to no avail. So I resigned myself to my fate with the filthy carpet and dragged it out onto the balcony where it stayed for the next few days to drying out. (I will not go into details about what it was like when I lifted it).
Then I read the welcoming book for Serene Apartments and I totally agree with the traveller from Spain - it was more like being 'threatened' than welcomed.( Other resorts leave the same instructions without sounding 'threatening' ) Then on my first night, something in the fuse box went but because they had locked off the second bedroom, I couldn't get to the fuse box to fix it. They had to send someone out - so i spent several hours of my first evening without tv, cooking facilities etc. I didn't complain about that either. The rest of the stay was uneventful for which I was grateful.
Come time to leave, I was concerned however about the 'threatening tone' of the welcome book at Serene and also the extremely unfriendly woman who manages the place. So I cleaned up as I always do when i leave hotels ( I'm a virgo - the perfectionist and clean freak ) and I took a video of the apartment before I left to prove I'd left it spotless just in case they wanted to charge me an extra cleaning fee. I videoed the second bedroom to show i hadn't used it, I videoed the second bathroom to show I hadn't used it, i videoed the microwave to show it was clean, I videoed the oven to show that that too was clean. I videoed the kitchen, I videoed everything! Or so I thought. Four days after arriving back home, I got an email to say that Serene apartments had taken $50 from my credit card account because I left blood on the sheets and it had gone through to the mattress protector and that it wasn't fair to the cleaning staff to have to clean it up and that they had to get someone in to do it. WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT???????????????? I could not believe it. That is just the dirtiest trick in the book. Outrageous and disgusting. I'm not saying that anyone having an accident like that is disgusting - it can happen - and if i did do it, I would have bought new sheets and mattress protector myself! BUT I DID'NT DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And do you think i even thought to pull the sheets right back on the bed to video it?????????? Of course not - who would think to have to do that?? What is this world coming to?? I am so disgusted and mortified by the whole situation. I'd like to address all of Airlie Beach tourism - it is widely known that Airlie Beach is suffering as tourist numbers are down. You can NOT have operators in the area playing dirty tricks like this in your time of need. My trip to Airlie cost me $8,000 for three weeks. I will NOT come back and spend that money again - not ever ever ever again. You have dirty operators!!!!!! ( I did stay somewhere else for my first week in Airlie, it was perfect but they couldn't accommodate me for the whole three weeks which is why I booked 2 weeks at Serene after them. And despite the first place being ABSOLUTELY PERFECTLY run, the bad taste left after Serene undid ALL the good work done by the first resort. I will never be back. Never. Airlie Beach can die a slow tourism death for all I care. How dare you steal $50 from my credit card for something I didn't do when I have just spent $8,000 in youjr community. How dare you!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
5 Thank N M
Sunshine Beach, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

We absolutely loved it!! The Views are just amazing, apartments very clean and comfortable. We had many days & nights just soaking in the Jacuzzi on the balcony. We will definitely stay again, highly recommend it.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple