“Great location motel”

Whitsunday on the Beach
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Airlie Beach
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We stayed here for one night on the way to Hamilton Island. It was a typical motel room on the first floor. It was spacious with cooking facilities. The main selling point was the excellent location, right in the centre of Airlie Beach and beside the lagoon. The staff were helpful with good advice about buses and eating options. Good value for money, it does exactly what it says on the tin!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank POC-CW

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Stayed there this weekend,right in the main street and close to everything.
We got a top floor unit which had views of the ocean smack bang in front of you,walking out the back is a gate thats 20 meters from the lagoon,The kitchen had most cooking facilities and everything else you need.
We loved it and cant wait to go back again, room at night does pick up noise from the night club but not enough to bother us,great breakfast at Harry's on the corner cheap and tasty.
Craft markets every saturday right on the beach front 5 minute walk from our hotel.
Will be going back,great accommodation.

Room Tip: Room number 205 and 206 great views
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Debra O
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We got there by chance since we were looping for a room for one night coming back from a sailing trip. Sally and her husband were extremely nice and helpful, they had left a cheap and small room, perfect for a couple. The room was clean and had all the things you need: hot shower, comfortable bed and a boiler for coffee in the morning.
The owners help us in finding the transfer for the airport, such a nice couple!
Highly recommended in Airlie beach!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Great spot adjacent to the Galoon (that's what my 7 year old calls Airlie Lagoon) - I've been visiting AB for 20+ years, usually staying at Summit Apts Flametree when with the family, this trip just me & a buddy stopping briefly overnight b4 heading out to the islands. Great staff, excellent location, handy for all shops, bars, pharmacy etc. If you're staying a while don't do your shopping in AB - get on a bus & head for Cannonvale shops - much cheaper. WOTB is a great short or longer stay, top end of backpacker prices, but u get what u pay for here & for all the right reasons - helpful & friendly staff add to the easygoing vibe. May be a little too central & young crowd for some esp on Friday & Sat nites, but guests here ranged from early 20's to mid-60's, so depends on your outlook I guess. I'd definitely stay here again if solo but if bringing missus & sprogs would rather book into Summit Apts. Otherwise I can't fault WOTB. All good.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Mankiwi
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I really enjoyed staying there. It is located right in the center of Airlie beach with lots of bars and restaurants around it. However, was not noisy in my room. There is a gate at the back of the motel, which leads to a path to the beach.

The room was clean and comfortable. WiFi worked well. The kitchen had all the necessary dishes, but you have to wash them yourself, otherwise there is an extra charge. The only problem that I had was that my room didn't have a table or chairs. But there was a small table right outside the room, and it was possible to take it into the room.

The lobby closes pretty early. If you plan to arrive late, make sure to let the management know and they will send you instructions for late check-in.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 30, 2012

I hadnt been to Airlie Beach before and neither had my travelling friend, so when looking for a hotel online we werent sure on any of them. We chose Whitsundays on the Beach because of the price and location. The photos that I had found on all the travel sites did not do it justice!! This little place is in the best location with excellent views. The rooms were big but apparently you can get even bigger! The rooms have a kitchenette too which I would have used if I had stayed longer. We drove to Airlie and this motel has secure parking too. The staff were all super friendly. If you are a light sleeper though, I wouldnt suggest this place. I slept fine but my friend could hear the music from the bars which are very close by. Everything is extremely close, shopping, bars, restaurants, parks, the lagoon, Shute Harbour and of course the islands. I really really loved this place and I will be heading back for sure.

Room Tip: When i go back, Im going to ask for a corner room over looking the lagoon. I paid $10 extra for a ro...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank racer1976
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Stayed for one night after our sailing trip around the whitsundays. We were allowed to check in earlier than stated and The lady who checked us in was very helpful and hospitable. She showed us to our room advised us about the gate that closed in the evenings, (made you feel very secure) how we can gain access and the facilities the room had. The room was very clean and no unwanted visitors unlike what we encountered three nights earlier at a four times more expensive hotel. The reception area is filled with information on tours and sailing trips and they are more than happy to help should you wish to book a tour.(Whitsunday blue is awesome) You are next to the communal pool which is fantastic and you are on the main stretch of airlie Beach. There is a pub/nightclub directly opposite whitsundays on the beach but the night we were staying it was not open so I can't comment on the noise but it may be worth requesting a room that was closer to the pool rather than the main road. Would happily stay here again.

Room Tip: A quiet nights sleep - ask for a room away from the main road.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
#3 of 10 in Airlie Beach
Coral Point Lodge
Coral Point Lodge
#1 of 1 in Shute Harbour

Been to Whitsunday on the Beach? Share your experiences!