“Fantastic customer service”
Review of Deja Vu Restaurant - CLOSED

Deja Vu Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood, Australian, Fusion
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Deja Vu is a boutique restaurant that offers tropical seaview dining over Airlie Beach and the azure Whitsunday islands. Located at the base of Airlie's most famous hillside accommodation strip, Orchid Drive, the restaurant is only a flat 100 metre walk from the main street of Airlie Beach. Open 5 days per week, Deja vu is also home to the famous gastrotourism event 'The Long Sunday Lunch'. An 8 course feast for only $44.50 Per person. An extensive wine and beverage menu accompanies Deja Vu's modern Australian cuisine. Personalised service and attention reign supreme with hands-on owner/manager/chef's Sarah and Patrice Duverger.
CANNONVALE
“Fantastic customer service”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

My friends and I went to this restaurant for a christmas party. The atmosphere there is beautiful, and the views amazing. My husband ordered the languini, he did not enjoy it. I ordered the knochi , the dish was mainly vegetables and hardly any knochi in it. The dinner menu is very expensive and not really worth the prices charged. On the up side though the waitress we had was outstanding and nothing was to much trouble. We have been there for lunch and have found that menu to be better value for money and larger portions. If you go there don't order a coffee or hot drinks as the coffee was bitter and the hot chocolates served were not hot.

• Visited December 2012
Sarah D, Owner at Deja Vu Restaurant, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you for your recent review we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our lovely atmosphere and great customer service, however we are sorry about your disappointment with the meals and drinks you ordered.

I have checked the matter carefully and interviewed the staff involved.
It appears that we were unaware of any problems with your meals when you dined at Deja Vu. Our aim is to handle customer complaints quickly and completely at the time so they are fixed straight away, had we been made aware of such dissatisfaction we would have been more than willing to offer a replacement or larger size and certainly promptly make a fresher hot drink.

I appreciate you taking the time to draw this matter to my attention and every effort will be made to ensure such problems do not go unnoticed in the future.

We take pride in the effort we make to achieve 100% customer satisfaction and I apologise on this night we fell short of that goal.

I hope you will come back again and enjoy the friendly service, fine food, fresh coffee and drinks that we aim for.

Happy New Year to all.

“#1 restaurant in Whitsundays”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

This is easily the best restaurant we have ever been too.! We went here last night for dinner on our honeymoon, got the best table overlooking the pool/beach, we got; a complementary starter bread & dips, Peking duck for entree, seafood linguine pasta for main in which we shared (which was plenty), and for dessert we received a complementary white chocolate penna cotta with raspberry sauce (yummmmm), with the words congratulations written with chocolate (I will add a photo), we also drank the best bottle of moscato. It was simply the best service ever, the waitress we had was amazing in every way. The prices were very reasonable for the best quality of food. I hope to come back for the long lunch,

Proserpine, Australia
“The Long Lunch is a must do!”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Today my family did the long lunch to celebrate a 70th birthday. There were 11 in our group including two children. The lunch was excellent, 8 courses over 4hrs. The cost was very reasonable at $45 pp (the kids could order off a separate menu rather than the 8 course meal). The staff were very friendly and nothing was a problem for them. The kids had a great time in the pool. I would definitely recommend the long lunch for any special event or just a nice way to spend a Sunday afternoon. When booking make sure you ask for a table by the pool to ensure you get the possible vantage point for the spectacular ocean view. We will be back.

• Visited December 2012
“Very yummy!! Great service!!”
Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

Very nice atmosphere, unusual menu but DELISHHHHHH!! Staff were fantastic, service was speedy. Very great experience :)

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Great view and location on pool deck over looking Airlie Beach. I had the Duck starter, the rabbit and the creme brulee. All the food was excellent.

Visited November 2012