“Nice view”
Review of Deja Vu Restaurant - CLOSED

Deja Vu Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood, Australian, Fusion
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Deja Vu is a boutique restaurant that offers tropical seaview dining over Airlie Beach and the azure Whitsunday islands. Located at the base of Airlie's most famous hillside accommodation strip, Orchid Drive, the restaurant is only a flat 100 metre walk from the main street of Airlie Beach. Open 5 days per week, Deja vu is also home to the famous gastrotourism event 'The Long Sunday Lunch'. An 8 course feast for only $44.50 Per person. An extensive wine and beverage menu accompanies Deja Vu's modern Australian cuisine. Personalised service and attention reign supreme with hands-on owner/manager/chef's Sarah and Patrice Duverger.
Reviewed August 9, 2011

Great view good service however the mains are overpriced menu selection is ok but it's no culinary delight looks good like the view

Reviewed March 12, 2011

Had a very good experience at this restaurant, service was slow given it was not a busy night.

Ordered the vegetable Indian meal, and workmans steak. Both very enjoyable meals, expensive but then again nothing is cheap in airlie beach during tourist season.

Cocktails were pleasant, overall an expensive meal but enjoyable

1  Thank Chappy250
Reviewed March 12, 2011

This restaurant has an absolutely breathtaking view! So romantic! My husband and I ate here for Valentines Day this year. I had to rate it a three because although the service and most of our food was great, our crab entree had gone bad. It tasted of ammonium, which is a sign the shellfish have gone rancid. I hate leaving negative reviews, I would even give the place another chance. I am sure it was just an off night as everything else was beautiful!

Reviewed February 28, 2011

What I have say about the Deja Vu restaurant of Airlie Beach can be summarized in one word: wow! I did not expect to find food so delicious after leaving Sydney behind (talk about preconceptions ...) Boy was I wrong. Right after I settled myself into the mindset of eating mediocre food for 10 days while touring the East Coast, I ran into this little gem. Gourmet food in the true sense of the word. The restaurant is located at the Water's Edge Resort and for us in particular it was the easiest in town to find because we were staying at Water's Edge. It's beautifully set by the swimming pool of the hotel, up on a hill, the lights of town visible below us. The tables are nicely set. All in all, a very romantic atmosphere. The service was great throughout the night, courteous and attentive. But the best part was the food. For starters I had the French Affair which was very delicious and as main I went for the Vegetable & Legume Dahl. Husband got the kangaroo fillet which he said was the best that he ate during his trip in Australia. I was disappointed by only one thing the entire night and that is that I was too full to order desert - the portions are quite generous. Highly recommended.

Reviewed November 26, 2010

I have been living in Airlie beach for the past 2 years and this would have to be by far one of my favourite resaurants in town. We chose Deja Vu restaurant for our wedding reception venue and could not have been more pleased. The food, the staff, the scenery and atmosphere goes beyond perfect! All our wedding guests are still talking about how amazing the food was ( and extrememly generous portions might I add) and I also hear the same comments from many of the locals in town. If your planning a wedding this is the place to chose or if you want somewhere romantic with your partner then try Deja Vu :) You won't be dissaponted. Thanks to all the staff for everything and especially the chef!