“Had breakfast, so good came back for dessert.”

Capers on the Esplanade
Ranked #29 of 105 Restaurants in Airlie Beach
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Had the best breakfast I have had in Airlie Beach there. Food was served hot, fresh and promptly. Coffee was good as well. Had a corn fitter stack filed with bacon eggs avocado and rocket, was lovely and a good size fuelling me up for the day. Also had coffee and cake there a couple of nights later, this was also good quality and value.

Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Great place, went there with 4 young kids (5-8) kids got activity packs and meals out very fast felt very welcome with the kids. High quality fresh food was very pleased! Merlot coffee too! Good live music!

Reviewed September 24, 2013

What is with the no table service?! If I'd known I wouldn't have gone. I understand why they do it - just in case people walk out without paying - but surely they have enough staff on the monitor the table situation.
Apart from that my lunch was beautiful - pork three ways salad. Gorgeous location and newly refurbished with nice comfy sofas. I was just shocked that I had to stand to the side and wait for my wine bucket, wine and tray of glasses which I then desperately tried not to smash on the ground....honestly, is it really that hard that not one waitress/waiter could help.....and no they weren't busy.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Sad to see, Not Recommended.

Capers has just under gone a magger refurbishment. Ha, looks the part although has gone backwards in my eyes. They have added a great look although taken away customer service & good food. It has in my eyes turned into a cash cow with only pub grub on offer (expensive pub grub $$). No table service is available, all food & drinks need to be payed for at the counter prior to receiving. So if your food is crap, (which it was). It does not leave you with a leg to stand on, as you have already payed. Not to mention there is not a staff member in sight to talk to any way . Just a couple of people picking up plates & cleaning tables (periodically)
I am a local here in AB, Capers in my mind has been angled to get the tourist in, get your money & not really care if you return.

From being a very loyal customer, Capers you have lost me…….

Reviewed September 23, 2013

The best eggs Benedict I've ever had... and that is saying a lot as I have had a lot of eggs benedict! Great location and service, very comfortable sofa's - highly recommended for breakie or just a relaxing beer.