“Frequent Diners Not Happy”
Review of Hog's Breath Cafe

Hog's Breath Cafe
Ranked #64 of 104 Restaurants in Airlie Beach
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Bowen, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Frequent Diners Not Happy”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

As a frequent diner of Hogs Breath Cafe all over Australia but being from North Queensland Airlie Beach is the most frequented. Normally myself and my friends a generally really happy with everything. However the last couple of times it has not been the best experience. Firstly on our last visit we were told it would be a 30 minute wait when there were clearly tables available. Secondly when we were finally seated it took 20 minutes to get our drinks and they forgot the jug of water for the table that we requested 3 times. The server was friendly but when we asked for the jug of water there was a bit of attitude from the server. Thirdly the meals took over an hour to get our food served to us (it took so long i had to go and put more money on my parking meter that i already had paid for 2hours for). When the food did arrive I had to ask if the whole table could get knives and forks the serve looked at me like i was and idiot she look at the table and realized that i was right and we did not have any. (People don't ask for knives and forks if there is already knives and forks on the table). If that wasn't bad enough when we went to pay for our meals we were told that we could not SPLIT the bill. This was the first time in history that we have been told that we could not split our bill. 2 weeks early with 8 people we were all able to split the bill. We were never told by our server that bills could not be split (I really do find a bit ridiculous that restaurants refuse to let patrons pay for their individual meals and drinks). And finally after paying to whole bill we discovered that they charged us for and extra drink but they fixed this by refunding the $7.50 for the drink. Come on Hogs Breath Airlie pick up your act your better than this.

1 Thank McGoodmc

Brisbane, Australia
“Good food, Good Price, Great Service!”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Went on a Monday with my daughter, so kids eat free! That was the first bonus. We sat down, ordered our drinks which arrived promptly and then ordered our mains. I swear we had our meals within 10 minutes of ordering! Maybe even less. So much so, I thought they may have given us somebody else's meal by mistake. Daughter enjoyed her burger and ice cream and I thoroughly enjoyed my steak. Thanks

London, United Kingdom
“Poorest hospitality ever experienced”
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

As I write this review, I've been sitting at hogs breath for 1 hour and five minutes and I wouldn't consider it being that busy compared to other restaurants. In that time I've asked for water four times and cutlery twice - haven't received either yet. It's also been 50 minutes since we ordered food. Not to mention the rude staff with no personality. Unsure what the food will be like, but I'm betting it'll make me recommend anyone NOT to eat here.

Mackay, Australia
“Worst Caesar salad”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

We'd eaten here a few years ago when staying in Airlie and had a beautiful meal, unfortunately it wasn't the same, I had the worst Ceasar Salad I've ever had, the chicken was so tough and dried out it was terrible, the ribs weren't much better, paid $45 for a plate of bones and a few chips, if you're looking for a great meal, I'd try elsewhere.

Sydney, Australia
“Same crap, different location”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Look, be honest with yourself, just because your in paradise doesn't mean that it will get any better.

Visited December 2013