“Professional friendly and excellent value”

Whitsunday Dive Adventures - Dive Courses & Half Day Dive Trips
More attraction details
Owner description: You will find us shortly before you reach Airlie Beach, in Canonvale. We have well equipped classrooms, training rooms, a huge & deep pool and a dive shop selling all retail gear.
Woodend
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Professional friendly and excellent value”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Whilst we knew our kids (a few weeks short of aged 14 and 16) loved snorkling, it was with a little trepidation we put them on a 4 day open water diving course at very short notice.
They had zero preperation prior to the course. Neither my wife nor I had any scuba experience.
They had a dive medical on Hamilton Island the day before the course started. the course comprised of 2 days on land and pool then 2 days on a dive boat.
We knew things were going well because the kids did not complain or grumble on their return about not understanding the teacher.
So the parents had two days to ourselves whilst the kids woked in the classroom and pool.
We booked a trip on the dive boat so we could be with them should they need some parental support. It was very clear that the care and attention they were recieving from the dive team was personalised and very supportive. So we enjoyed snorkling whilst they had two long dives on the first day. We didnt feel they needed our support at all! so we didnt go on the second boat trip the following day.
The kids have had lessons in several other sports and without doubt the instruction and experience of this padi course was the most rewarding and educational of all. As a comment to other fussy parents I'd say your kids are in safe hands at Whitsunday Dive School.
The cost, compared to what they would learn from a week of school fees is an absolute steal. The management team has been in place for years so I would have confidence in returning (its cheaper than some courses in Melbourne!) and recieving the same care in the future.
We are all thrilled that they have the qualification!!

Mike B

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Totally worth it!!!”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Super friendly and caring staff, fun tour, super safe and reliable instructors.
Couldnt ask for anything more!

1 Thank Igor_marchesini
Toowoomba, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Day trip, with snorkeling, diving and a visit to Whitehaven beach”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I went on this trip with my husband, mother and father. Since different members of my family did different activities, I'll try to separate them below:

Whitehaven beach: The beach itself was gorgeous and the water was beautiful. The waters were perfectly safe to swim in. My husband and my father spotted a few large stingrays, which they were happy to get close to (within reason) to take some photos. My father and husband also went out to the lookout, and they say it was amazing!

Snorkeling: Although the visibility was somewhat murky at times, the variety of aquatic life we spotted was fantastic! It was personally my first time snorkeling, so I thoroughly enjoyed myself. My husband has been snorkeling many times, but even he was impressed by the variety of fish and sea life!

Diving: My father did the certified dive. He says it is really a beginner's dive only. My father stated that the coral views were lovely, but that unfortunately the visibility is poor.

The staff were friendly and welcoming. In general, it was a good experience :)

Visited September 2012
1 Thank aniahime
Mackay, Queensland, Australia
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Simply the best.”
Reviewed March 1, 2012

This experience rates as possibly one of the best in my entire life !!! I will start off by saying my wife and I opted to do the 2 day course to obtain an open water divers ticket so there was a lot of work to do and understandibly not much time to enjoy underwater but as I say, we were doing a course with an exam at the end of it.
I can tell you that the dive instructor Florian was one of the best instructors I have come across in any course I have done and I highly recommend him.
My wife and I found him to be very proffessional and extremely knowledgable and with 5000 dives under his belt I could think of no one else to put my life in the hands of underwater, his knack of relaxing you in stressful situations is unmatched anywhere as far as I am concerned.
If you intend to do the course make sure you can swim 200 mtrs and tread water for 10 minutes and have reasonable fitness otherwise you won't pass. Having said that, you don't have to be superman, I myself am not all that fit :)
If you don't intend to do the course there are other options that Florian will more than happily help you out with.
Whitsunday dives hook up with the "Mantaray" boat that takes you to your location with "Cookie" as the Skipper, we found cookie to was very knowledgable and very helpful.
Plenty of snacks, salad wraps, biscuits and coffee/tea are offered aboard and you wont go hungry. All gear is supplied you will want for nothing, the boat is very roomy with good seating and tables and overhead cover to keep you out of the sun and there is a toilet on board.
Florian from the dive centre or his lovely wife will pick you up and drop you off in a courtesy bus if transport is a drama.
I cannot rate this entire experience highly enough, we are already planning our next trip and it will be with no one else other than Florian at Whitsunday dive centre.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank Bill C
scotaus, Owner at Whitsunday Dive Adventures - Dive Courses & Half Day Dive Trips, responded to this review, May 18, 2012
I am so glad you enjoyed the 3 day open water courses with us. Due to yours and many other students' feedback we have now extended the course to 4 days. Please contact us any time and we would be happy to take you out again on Mantaray for a few more dives.

Katrina Daley
OWNER/DIRECTOR
WHITSUNDAY DIVE ADVENTURES
Johannesburg, South Africa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great experience all round”
Reviewed June 14, 2011

I completed a PADI open water course at Whitsunday Dive Adventures and I had a fantastic time. I found the price of the course good and three nights accommodation was included in my course price.

Our instructor Roxy and divemaster Jess were fantastic and I would recommend doing a dive course here to anyone in the area.

Visited June 2011

Travelers who viewed Whitsunday Dive Adventures - Dive Courses & Half Day Dive Trips also viewed

Airlie Beach, Queensland
Airlie Beach, Queensland

Been to Whitsunday Dive Adventures - Dive Courses & Half Day Dive Trips? Share your experiences!