“Day trip, with snorkeling, diving and a visit to Whitehaven beach”

Whitsunday Dive Adventures - Dive Courses & Half Day Dive Trips
More attraction details
Owner description: You will find us shortly before you reach Airlie Beach, in Canonvale. We have well equipped classrooms, training rooms, a huge & deep pool and a dive shop selling all retail gear.
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I went on this trip with my husband, mother and father. Since different members of my family did different activities, I'll try to separate them below:

Whitehaven beach: The beach itself was gorgeous and the water was beautiful. The waters were perfectly safe to swim in. My husband and my father spotted a few large stingrays, which they were happy to get close to (within reason) to take some photos. My father and husband also went out to the lookout, and they say it was amazing!

Snorkeling: Although the visibility was somewhat murky at times, the variety of aquatic life we spotted was fantastic! It was personally my first time snorkeling, so I thoroughly enjoyed myself. My husband has been snorkeling many times, but even he was impressed by the variety of fish and sea life!

Diving: My father did the certified dive. He says it is really a beginner's dive only. My father stated that the coral views were lovely, but that unfortunately the visibility is poor.

The staff were friendly and welcoming. In general, it was a good experience :)

1  Thank aniahime

Reviewed March 1, 2012

This experience rates as possibly one of the best in my entire life !!! I will start off by saying my wife and I opted to do the 2 day course to obtain an open water divers ticket so there was a lot of work to do and understandibly not much time to enjoy underwater but as I say, we were doing a course with an exam at the end of it.
I can tell you that the dive instructor Florian was one of the best instructors I have come across in any course I have done and I highly recommend him.
My wife and I found him to be very proffessional and extremely knowledgable and with 5000 dives under his belt I could think of no one else to put my life in the hands of underwater, his knack of relaxing you in stressful situations is unmatched anywhere as far as I am concerned.
If you intend to do the course make sure you can swim 200 mtrs and tread water for 10 minutes and have reasonable fitness otherwise you won't pass. Having said that, you don't have to be superman, I myself am not all that fit :)
If you don't intend to do the course there are other options that Florian will more than happily help you out with.
Whitsunday dives hook up with the "Mantaray" boat that takes you to your location with "Cookie" as the Skipper, we found cookie to was very knowledgable and very helpful.
Plenty of snacks, salad wraps, biscuits and coffee/tea are offered aboard and you wont go hungry. All gear is supplied you will want for nothing, the boat is very roomy with good seating and tables and overhead cover to keep you out of the sun and there is a toilet on board.
Florian from the dive centre or his lovely wife will pick you up and drop you off in a courtesy bus if transport is a drama.
I cannot rate this entire experience highly enough, we are already planning our next trip and it will be with no one else other than Florian at Whitsunday dive centre.

1  Thank Bill C
scotaus, Owner at Whitsunday Dive Adventures - Dive Courses & Half Day Dive Trips, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2012

I am so glad you enjoyed the 3 day open water courses with us. Due to yours and many other students' feedback we have now extended the course to 4 days. Please contact us any time and we would be happy to take you out again on Mantaray for a few more dives.

Katrina Daley
OWNER/DIRECTOR
WHITSUNDAY DIVE ADVENTURES

Reviewed June 14, 2011

I completed a PADI open water course at Whitsunday Dive Adventures and I had a fantastic time. I found the price of the course good and three nights accommodation was included in my course price.

Our instructor Roxy and divemaster Jess were fantastic and I would recommend doing a dive course here to anyone in the area.

Reviewed March 22, 2011

Unfortunately I have a rather different tale to telll about this organisation. I booked on-line for a refresher course for my son and myself before going out onto the reef. I paid my deposit and on the day of my arrival reported to their office for completion of details. At the time we were told we were fortunate to get spaces as they were fully booked. The following day I had an hour in the pool with an instructor as it had been a while since I last dived. We we to go out on an open water dive rthe following day with Mike (the instructor). This was cancelled due to the weather. Over the next 3 days we were advised by Mike that the weather was not good and he advised us to delay diving till it improved. They did however take out students who wanted to qualify. Eventually time ran out and we still had not dived but I was advised that they would refund the fees except for the pool hour. I went to the office and this was done. It was only after getting home to South Africa and my bank statement that I found they had not refunded the amount agreed and had kept more than A$186 for a one hour in a pool. It was Katrina in the office who managed this and who broke the agreement.

So my message is be careful when paying up-front. These people are not to be trusted and if you have any change in circumstances make sure you get it in writing.

3  Thank Johnf66
scotaus, Owner at Whitsunday Dive Adventures - Dive Courses & Half Day Dive Trips, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2011

After reading this review I felt I had to respond as there are so many inaccuracies to this gentleman's complaint. I am sorry that he was not happy but my husband and I pride ourselves in our honesty and customer service, something which the many other reviews can testify too

After many e mails communicating information, this gentleman was booked on for a refresher course and his son a dive as he was already certified. A deposit was taken at this time to secure their bookings. This was due to take place on the 22nd (pool) and 23rd (dive). He arrived in the office 2 days earlier than expected and asked if he could start the pool work earlier, which I did after moving our schedule about. He subsequently spent 2 hours in the dive pool with one of my DIs on the 21st at a cost of $75, normally $150. It is true that we were full that week, but what I did say to this gentleman was actually On the 22nd my husband (owner) went to pick both of them up from their accommodation and due to the rain, my husband did indeed state that they could perhaps wait until the next day to dive as they were not wishing to go out in the rain. The following day the weather was still bad but not bad enough not to dive (in fact one of our lovely reviews below was from one of the students on the boat at the time) Again we went to pick them up and they cancelled and stated that they were in Airlie for a few days over Xmas, so would come out with us later when the weather improved. Ultimately it was their decision NOT to come out with us on any of the days mentioned, but we went out on all these days and kept spots for them.

This gentleman then came into the office, at closing time on Xmas Eve and told us that he had decided not to stay in Airlie so was cancelling and I duly gave him his money back minus the pool dive and deposit.

On his return home he noticed my mistake in the amount of refund and e mailed me accordingly. I apologised for my mistake as I had inadvertently forgotten to give him the cost of his son's day dive. I refunded this amount, albeit a week/ten days later due to the cyclones we had at that time. This refund incidentally was all paid back PRIOR to this complaint being posted.

This gentleman has had ALL of his money refunded, minus the deposit ($86) that was non refundable as we kept spaces for him and his son on the boat on the 22nd, 23rd, 24th and 26th, which meant that other customers had to be refused.

Again I am sorry he was not happy but we did everything we could, at the time, to try and deliver what it was they both wished.

OWNERS OF WDA

Reviewed February 26, 2011

I took the Open Water course in February with this company and would recommend it without a doubt. The owners Mike and Katrina were very friendly and managed to squeeze me in at the last minute even though I hadn't booked in advance.

The instructor Kristen really knew her stuff and was a great teacher. She didn't rush anyone and took the time to make sure that everyone was happy at each stage before moving on.

I would thoroughly recommend doing this course as a first step into the world of diving (just make sure you set your alarm for the early starts!). Also, make sure you have enough time to get your medical exam done before the course starts.

Travelers who viewed Whitsunday Dive Adventures - Dive Courses & Half Day Dive Trips also viewed

Airlie Beach, Queensland
Jubilee Pocket, Airlie Beach

Airlie Beach, Queensland

Been to Whitsunday Dive Adventures - Dive Courses & Half Day Dive Trips? Share your experiences!